If you could fly only one aircraft from the history of aviation, what would it be?

For me it would be Concorde
This aircraft is such a beautiful aircraft in my opinion, being pretty much the only successful and popular commercial supersonic jet. It is sad to see it out of the skies

Credits

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concorde

7 Likes

This beast it flies so fast that you are at your destination in no time.

Wright Flyer |

No but in serious through it would have to be the legendary Concorde if it wasn’t the history of aviation it would have been the A350 and A380.

Sources
Google
Jet Photos

6 Likes

But I don’t know how to fly a plane. 🤷‍♂️

7 Likes

I would fly the p51 mustang

4 Likes

There are many planes I’d love to fly even though it’s most likely no longer possible. A DC-8, a L-1011, a Super Connie, the Convair Coronado, a Stratocruiser, …

But if I’d have to settle down for one and one only: The Concorde as well. There’s nothing like it.

2 Likes

747 or Concorde?
The Queen or Anglo-British power?
The 50 year old or supersonic?
Idk probaly Concorde. That is difficult

1 Like

Probably the B737-200 and the A310. Boy are those beauties! I have always wanted to fly on them…

2 Likes

@BravoCharlie i was jus abt to bring tha a300&a310 up what a beauty!

2 Likes

Yeah! I love the Airbus classics! 😁👌

4 Likes

I would fly the Spitfire. Iconic airplane.

3 Likes

There are many aircraft I would choose,

• DC-9, DC-3, DC-4
  • Boeing 708
  • P-47

But I would choose the

Ford Tri-Motor

After riding this aircraft twice, this historic airliner has been an aircraft I would love to fly. This aircraft made history and was a revolutionary aircraft - first metal multi engine airliner, etc. I have always wanted to fly this plane, which is why I chose it.

1 Like

Tough choice between my favorites, the 777-300er, F-4 Phantom, and FW-190 A8. Probably the FW-190 though. My favorite WW2 warbird.

1 Like

Well, this isn’t exactly “ancient”, but I’d say the 727. I’ve heard from many pilots that this aircraft was a joy to fly.

1 Like

Easily a Boeing 747-100. The old school 747 with the clocks instead of screens. Absolutely love it!

1 Like

I don’t get the question. So the last plane we could ever fly? Or the only plane we could ever fly? Or do we just choose one that we like the most?

Miss Montana, A 75 year old Douglas DC-3, N24320, also my IF callsif

It is the first plane I have ever stepped foot in. It is my all time favorite plane.
More info here - Miss Montana DC-3 to Normandy

1 Like

The last plane from history that you could fly.

1 Like

Ohhh. Then I’d probably choose the Spruce Goose.

Definitely Concorde. No other words.

Simple answer: The Write Flyer (I’m going to see it this weekend)