IF World Tour - w/Alaska_298

Infinite Flight World Tour

Hello IFC,
It’s been a while since I last made a topic here (a couple of years?!). I haven’t had much time over the last few years to spend time flying regularly on Infinite Flight, but recently I figured I’d like to fly again on IF during the summer.

While I’ve had the idea of flying a world tour for the last few years, I haven’t been able to fly one until now. With my friend @Alaska_298, I’m planning to start a world tour that is open for everyone to join.

The following is our tentative plan for the world tour. While traditional world tours tend to focus on one region before going to the next, we have decided to plan routes unconventionally for some variation in flight time, routes, aircraft, and airlines. This way, there are more flight options for fellow IFC members to join in.

The exact route itinerary is the following:

Los Angeles - Las Vegas - San Francisco - Papeete - Auckland - Melbourne - Perth - Dubai - Istanbul - Cairo - Casablanca - Lagos - Addis Ababa - Nairobi - Johnnesburg - London - Paris - Basel - Amsterdam - Oslo - Svalbard - Tromso - Dusseldorf - Madrid - Rome - Frankfurt - Buenos Aires - Santiago - Bogota - Mexico City - Dallas - Atlanta - Sint Maarten - Miami - Newark - Quebec - Montreal - Toronto - Chicago - Boston - New York - Reykjavik - Munich - Zurich - Mumbai - Delhi - Bangalore - Doha - Abu Dhabi - Beijing Daxing - Shanghai Hongqiao - Guangzhou - Chengdu - Bangkok - Hanoi - Singapore - Sydney - Brisbane - Taipei - Jakarta - Seoul - Hong Kong - Osaka Kansai - Tokyo Haneda - Sapporo - Tokyo Narita - Honolulu - Los Angeles

Almost all of the routes are based on real-world airline and aircraft options (flown currently or historically). For instance, we will be flying Royal Air Maroc on the Casablanca - Lagos sector on the B738. However, on the Singapore - Sydney sector, you’re more than welcome to pick between Singapore Airlines, Qantas, and British Airways and their available aircraft options.

This tour doesn’t cover every country and every airport. Since this is our first world tour, a 67-leg tour is more doable and a starting point to see whether we can do longer world tours in the future. If you would like to join a more in-depth world tour that covers more countries and places, do check out @BP-Aviation’s extensive tour here: BP-Aviation's World Tour.

If you think you’d be interested in starting this world tour group-flight series with us, please drop a comment below stating that you’d like to join. We intend to start the tour in this upcoming week. All flights will take place on the Expert Server.

World Tour Signups:

@Ran
@Alaska_298
@Vurige
@MAviationYT
@nyle
@DreamJet
@Adventures

5 Likes

hi I will join

1 Like

How often would these flights be?

1 Like

Well, we’re hoping to cover a couple each week. We haven’t set an amount; it’ll be based on what works for most people since we’ll discuss the dates/times together. We’re not expecting to do too many flights this month, but we’ll ramp up to around 1-2 flights a day or so from July onwards.

As of now, we expect to be done with the entire tour around August.

If you’re not able to join all flights, that’s perfectly fine, join the ones that you can. We’ll see if we can try to keep some days or hours where others can fly by themselves and catch up to the same leg.

1 Like

What timezones would these flights include. Im from CDT time

1 Like

I’m currently out of the country in London, but I’ll be returning to Boston in about 20 days, so we’ll be coordinating between EDT and PDT primarily (Alaska’s in PDT). Most of the times should work for MST and CDT too.

1 Like

Ok then. Put me on the list

1 Like

Coolio, you and @Vurige have been signed up!

1 Like

i can join any flights in july

1 Like

You’ve been added to the list!

1 Like

Quick update -
We plan to start flying tonight / tomorrow with the Los Angeles - Las Vegas sector. If you’d like to join from the start with us, then please make sure to sign up soon!

1 Like

I’ll join!

1 Like

Cool, you’ve been signed up!

I won’t be able to make all these flights. I’ll be joining on some though

1 Like

Yep! Although I will be doing all the flights, I’m not expecting everyone to make it to all the flights

I request… sorry no DEMAND you sign me up RanRan :).

1 Like

You’ve been signed up!

1 Like