IF Wikipedia Editing Team

good luck pidgey. ;)

2 Likes

Thanks, i appreciate the kind words.

2 Likes

It appears that my writing skills are in need. I got this.

Midnight, here we come.

4 Likes

Anyone can edit Wikipedia, so an application process doesn’t really seem like a good option.

6 Likes

please read through the thread, I have answered this question.

1 Like

I had a Wikipedia team around 6 months ago, and I requested it to be closed by the moderators. As @Cameron said, Wikipedia was not designed so “biased” groups of people can edit it. It’s not like you get a team together to write a review on Google Maps.

1 Like

As I’ve said above, who else is going to edit it?

1 Like

I may try, but I think I will only do small edits.

1 Like

[Edit: forget it. I use words. English words. But they’re read in some entirely different way. I say A, straw man response to B. Not worth it.]

2 Likes

Read this. If you want to hate on me, so be it. I’m just attempting to make the Wikipedia page a bit better. That’s all I’m trying to do.

2 Likes

What @mrpidgeon is trying to say is that if he doesn’t take the initiative to get it done, it’s not gonna get done, disregarding the fact that anyone can do it.

Bias is always present, it’s just a matter of how much. How can one write about the app and it’s contents without playing it?

1 Like

I don’t get it. A wiki is just FACTS and DATA. Anything else (opinion/hyperbolae etc) just shouldn’t be included. That being said if people who are members of IF want to contribute, why are they unable to present more full ‘facts and data’?

Here is an example of a ‘more complete’ wiki: http://ddowiki.com/ It is written by users of the site since they understand the data more completely!

1 Like

Exactly, and we are going to leave opinion out.

2 Likes

Here is an example of what I can post for each airport:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-UR84lbYzkNVVB0b3BHU1N0cDg

1 Like

Thanks, but I don’t think Wikipedia will like this being posted for each airport.

Why not. It is a unique listing of the gates AS USED in Infinite Flight. It has been created by me directly from the gates used in the model with precise locations etc. If it cannot be hosted in the wiki can we host these files elsewhere so general users can benefit?

Do we have someone who would like to host these files in a web site dedicated to Infinite Flight that general users can access?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.