IF w/Chromebook?

Anybody know if a Chromebook can run IF? Thanks.

No, as it is a moblie app.

But chromebook do run android apps right?

2 Likes

They do have an Chromebook store, however I doubt that it would run Infinite Flight, as they can barley run anything else

1 Like

Hello.

While chromebooks are able to support android apps, I haven’t heard people having much luck running Infinite Flight on them. The thread below might have some useful information for you.

1 Like

I actually read this before I asked the question :). I want to know if anybody had tried it, I am getting a high end one next week but I would like some insight before it arrives.

I wouldn’t recommend it. Yes, as mentioned, you can download IF on the Chromebook, but it isn’t optimized for this device, therefore it won’t run well on it.

Take a look at the topic below. It may not be the exact same device, but we are talking about the optimization.

1 Like

And that would answer my question, thank you very very much!

1 Like

Hello mods, if you could kindly close :).

One more Q, so do you think it is possible to use a third party app for it like the one IFJoy comming out (a joystick) now I have a Joystick but I wanted to use the other features on IFJoy for it.

Hey Starley, Yeah. It depends on the type of chromebook, say you get a pixelbook, it’d work. But It honestly isnt worth it, you get maybe 6 FPS and it crashes regularly. It isn’t really dependable.

1 Like

The Chromebook is not officially supported, I haven’t tried it yet so I can not promise anything. But being an Android device, it should work.

The IfJoy app is not used for the actual joystick, it’s used to replace the joystick with another mobile device. So you need a separate mobile device to use it. However, you can either plug it in with via USB or use the LiveFlight app.

@Ryan_Turner328 - That is exactly what I meant with “not optimized”. :)

1 Like

Cool the creater informed me the IFJoy can be used in coordination with my Physical joystick (which I use with an OTG Single cable) thanks!

When I talked with the Devs a few months ago, they said they are most likely not going to support it on Chrome OS. Its not really worth it, because its kind of like moving a dictionary around and around in circles, and the Gyro’s on the Chromebook are absolute garbage. Its not really worth it. So, @Starley basically what im trying to say here, is that its never gonna get done, because its not needed. @Patria, that Goes for you too. It’s just not worth it in the long run tbh.

1 Like

That’s great to hear! Let me know if you have any further questions. My PMs are always open. :)

1 Like

Thank you so much, Starley!

1 Like

Roger Dodger. Will do, If I have anymore.

2 Likes