IF trip report | United Boeing 772 | IAH-HNL

Hey IFC!
Welcome to my first IF trip report! I have always just posted the plain screenshots, but I had the idea to do this, and I’m very excited to see how it turns out! Jumping into the passengers shoes…

Flight details
UA293 (UVAL122 as my callsign)
Houston George Bush (IAH) - Honolulu Daniel K. Inouye (HNL)
Scheduled time of departure: 10:00AM
Scheduled time of arrival: 1:15PM
Gate: D4
Seat: 31A

On time boarding at 9:20AM

Rotation out of 8R

Flying over downtown

Once we reached out cruising altitude of 38000ft and after they served light snack before lunch, I found out my friend was also on this flight, sitting in Polaris business seat 7K, and he let me check out of his view of the jet

The captain apparently knew me and that I was a huge aviation enthusiast, so after lunch she let me come up to the cockpit (I’m sure very illegal) to check out the views! (Even more illegal) she got up and let me sit!

View from my seat of Los Angeles

Took a nap for most of the flight, woke up about 30 minutes before landing, here was the wing view from my friends seat during the decent

(Very illegal) The captain sent me a picture of the cockpit while on final

Thanks for the great flight you beautiful beast! Thanks for taking me to paradise!

I hope y’all enjoyed!

23 Likes

Lots of illegal activity… I like it! Nice pics! ;)

11 Likes

Everythng is Illegal

2 Likes

That’s funny😂😂 Especially sending you a picture on final 😆

2 Likes

Nice trip report, those were som nice views that your friend had. Did he enjoy UAL Business class?

A meme about going into the cockpit. :)image

1 Like

haha love the annotations!

2 Likes

Nice pics! Very creative idea ;)

1 Like

Relatively, he wished he had just taken Polaris First, but he was already over budget in business. He enjoyed business pretty well, felt like it could’ve been better. Meals 7/10, seat 9/10, IFE 7/10, FA service 5/10. Overall, he was impressed.

1 Like

Nice, glad he enjoyed it.

1 Like

Any suggestions on where I should fly next? (Any UA routes from PHNL)

1 Like

Guam! Beautiful flight in the 772 ;)

Or, San Francisco! Best city/airport in the world and a major United hub to which you can fly the 772!

2 Likes

UAL1575 to KSFO is good. Here’s the Flight plan:
MKK4 CLUTS R465 CIVIT R465 CREAN R465 CINNY PIRAT2

It leaves the PADs at HNL and arrives at Gate 74 at SFO

Edit: Forgot to mention that its a 739

1 Like

I liked how you did this!

1 Like

I’ve done an overnight flight from HNL to JFK in a Hawaiian 767 but UAL flies HNL-EWR so I’m sure it’s the same flight time, It took me about 9 hrs

Somebody at UVAL also left a 767 at HNL, so that opens up more options.

1 Like

So here are the routes that are available with the two UVAL planes currently at HNL.
KIAH, KORD, KDEN, KSFO, KLAX, KEWR, KIAD, PGUM, RJAA
Which one should I go with?

1 Like

Not KEWR, cause it’s with the 767, and I refuse to fly the 757/67 until a rework comes.

1 Like

Go PGUM ;) I’m sure it will be nice

i didn’t even know you were the one before me joining UVAL haha

1 Like

Very nice trip report!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for you wonderful feedback!