IF Talk/Music Radio Station(s)?

Just thought I’d throw this idea out there - would anyone be interested/bothered to tune in if I were to knock this together? We could maybe do interactive Q&A using this forum as a board for questions, feature interviews with senior controllers (when off-duty, naturally!), pilots or whatever or just play a bit of music.

What do people think? Idea worth pursuing or just a pipe dream? :)

2 Likes

@Trio has a nice thing in place with an Ask Me Anything part of his popular ATCEG program. Highly suggest to check it out with all the other stuff he has.

2 Likes

This certainly looks great and very thorough, but I was thinking more of an audio approach rather than text-only.

Audio ATC has been talked about many times before but has been ruled out to not happen at the moment.

1 Like

Ah, I should clarify I’m not suggesting audio based ATC. I’m suggesting a talk/music radio with programming like a normal FM broadcast station :)

There’s a popular communication application called Discord where you can do voice chats in channels and have music I believe with the right bots in it so you can communicate when in a group flight.

1 Like

That’s true, I hadn’t thought of that. Are there any semi-official (in other words, IF community managed) discord servers out there?

Not that I know of. There’s are plenty of discord’s though created by community members but there’s not a real official Discord for IFC members.

1 Like

Hey @theoneeyedtenor, and welcome to the community!

Since no one has mentioned it, Jason Rosewell (@jasonrosewell), the Infinite Flight staff member, used to run a podcast known as FlightCast. It’s no longer running, because he simply has gotten too busy, but it was very cool when it was going. I hope it can be restarted some time.

2 Likes

Hi there. Thanks!

Hmm, well I’m glad I’m not the first one to try this out because at least there’s a foundation to build upon. Is he still an active community member?

He is!
I know his life has been really busy lately, so it could be a while before he can get to you, but it’s definitely worth a shot!

1 Like

Excellent. Well, hopefully he’ll see he’s been tagged here and will get in touch eventually. It’s worth mentioning that I have full access to music licensing - I make my living as a classical musician and audio producer!

1 Like

Who doesn’t forget the legend that was @jasonrosewell and Mark Denton’s FlightCast? You can learn about a lot of IF’s staff, IFATC and real aviators by listening to these interviews. (Last episode was two years ago though)

1 Like

I’ve just had a quick listen through to some snippets; what a show!

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’d love to do more episodes. Time is usually the issue with actually working for Infinite Flight now, PPL stuff, work in general, etc etc etc! A few others have done some magazine and podcast type stuff as well. There certainly is an audience for it. I found that I needed to (and it kind of naturally went this way) branch into real world aviation to have enough content for a twice per month episode schedule. Suppose I could also have just done shorter episodes too.

8 Likes

I think this is an great idea! It would bring to get her the community better

1 Like

So I’m getting some good vibes from this. The idea would be to offer a round the clock service utilising different presenters from around the world and from within the IF community. We’d be looking at a minimum of a one hour regular slot up to a maximum of four hours. All programming ideas are welcome. Would anyone be interested?

1 Like

It sound like a very good idea but I’m not quite sure how you would do it? I would be willing to try and help if you needed some.

1 Like

Well, leave that part to me. I’m an audio producer in my spare time so I know my way around broadcast hardware and software :)

1 Like

Awesome I hope too hear it soon !

1 Like