IF shuts my flight when in background

Hi,
Just wanted to bring up this issue about the IF shutting my flight when I use my phone to do other tasks for some time. The app immediately shuts my flight and I have to restart a new flight route. I love this app but It was very frustrating today as I was flying from Pris to Perth and was really looking forward to land the aircraft but I had to make an important call, after the call I went back to the app and it restarted the app…
Is there a way the app can run while being in the background or even when the phone is shut?
I feel the app is also affecting my phone battery life. I have an iPhone 8Plus and the battery life gets used very quickly. It is a kind request if you could do something about this as it happens all the time.
Thank you.

Infinite Flight cannot run in the background, and it will disconnect you from the live server. Sorry!

If you leave the app, it will disconnect you within seconds.

4 Likes

Well if always disconnects me from the server for 10 seconds or so when I come back, meaning I can reconnect to the server and I can stay in my flight. It usually stays on for me when in the background so idk

2 Likes

Yeah, it treats that as a minor disconnect. Usually, it pushes your plane back 15 or so miles (happened in an IFVARB group flight). However, if it’s for a longer period of time, it will disconnect from the server until you start another flight.

3 Likes

Well it keeps you at the current place that you were when you disconnected. But yeah you can’t do that for too long a time

1 Like

Id also reccomend (if you can) using IF on a spare device. Thats what i do, so i can use phone mid flight!

2 Likes

I think the timer is about 20-25 seconds away from the screen when you will start experiencing problems, but IF will not shut down if you leave for just 5 second or so

2 Likes

One thing I want to experiment on, is if you have a Windows computer you should be able to plug in any Android device and mirror the screen from your phone onto your computer. I don’t think it can mirror Infinite Flight but I think you should be able to run infinite flight on your phone and do other tasks on your computer running off your phone. That is if your phone is strong enough to handle that.

1 Like

The OP is on iOS.

Infinite Flight is not designed for multitasking.

4 Likes

You may leave the app for a few seconds, but make sure to go back in quick. The app will disconnect after a specific amount of time.

1 Like

My apologies. And yes it’s not optimized for multitasking but I’m saying it should be possible on a higher-end phone as long as your mirroring your screen to a secondary device.

1 Like

I can leave it for a couple minutes, it just keeps you in the same place you left

1 Like

It heavily depends on the amount of RAM your phone has.
More RAM = lower chance of IF shutting down
Low amount of RAM = higher chance of IF shutting down

But as Chris said, IF is not designed to be in the background.

1 Like

Can verify this worked for me (S9+)

Awesome, I’ll have to try it.

1 Like

You Can go out of the app for about 5 minutes. once you go back, you will be offline from the server for about 10 seconds . then you will be all set!

True but I think that counts as two flights then

Incorrect, I can look on slack, the IFC or FR24 with IF in the background and it is perfectly fine. Obviously old/er phones can’t manage it.

@Tyler_Barley No not really.

So it wouldn’t show up as two flights on your score sheet then?