IF regularly defaults back to Cessna 172

IF continues to regularly default back to Cessna 172, requiring re-selection of desired aircraft. This bug has persisted for far too long. Can developers please fix? Thanks.

6 Likes

Are you talking about that you have to re-download each aircraft? I’ve seen this with the newer aircraft (CRJ’s, C130’s, DC/MD-10’s, A318-A321 Family, and B737-B738 Family)…

Or are you talking about where each aircraft on the ATC screen looks like a C172?

Jack

3 Likes

This happens when either the game crashes or you finish an atc session. It’s not a bug.

3 Likes

O, it happens regularly with aircraft already downloaded. Currently using A318.

It is a long standing bug, reported by many others before.

1 Like

This happens to me all the time. Are you sure we are dealing with a bug and it’s not intentional?

This has been an ongoing issue since global. As the Beta team moves forward with the next update I’ll be sure to resurface the issue.

8 Likes

Thanks for the resurfacing this report, I’ll take a look into this!

@Robert_Summers just to help me reproduce this issue on my end, does it always default back to the C172, or is it only on certain occasions?

4 Likes

I always have this issue I just thought that’s how FDS designed the game

1 Like

Hi Cameron. Not always, but often. I don’t see any pattern, but it seems to be happening a lot more often after the latest version. It seems to happen about every fourth or fifth time I fly. I then have to re-select the A318 and livery again. Not a major issue, but quite annoying. Many thanks for your help.

1 Like

I have noticed this. If I launch IF and select an aircraft, then close and restart the game, the aircraft selection resets back to the Cessna 172, and I have to reselect the aircraft I wish to use. Happens to me 100% of the time, on both online and solo mode. A minor inconvenience, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.

2 Likes

Same here. I suggest that an option be added to state: retain last airplane flown; just like start at last airport option. @Cameron

2 Likes

Thank you, Robert! I will look into it

1 Like

Always happens to me too. Just thought I’d chime in so you know it’s a larger issue. No big deal, but it is something that happens :)

1 Like

The behaviour now is it should revert to the last aircraft you used, but if it’s not doing it, it’s likely a bug which I am looking into

7 Likes

I’ve got this issue, which happens consistently every time on an iPad 2018, latest iOS and IF.

I haven’t downloaded all the aircraft like I normally do because I’m on holiday. If you’d like to discuss this further then I’m more than happy to provide feedback via PM.

I think this is just how IF works. Let’s not call it an issue but a ‘feature’ 😊

Little Cessna is the ‘default aircraft’

2 Likes

If it’s happening consistently, could you try reinstalling the app and letting me know if that has any effect?

Course. I’ll give it a go and get back to you shortly.

1 Like

Still occurring, not entirely positive the cause. It started after the recent update, never had the problem beforehand bud