IF PAPI lights question

Hello!

I was wondering why does IF have PAPI lights with only 2 lights instead of the standard 4?
It doesn’t Make much of a difference, but if we had 4 lights we would be able to determine our height on glide slope a bit better.

Here’s an image of what we have in IF (APAPI) compared to the standard 4-light PAPI

aga7_6_2_3en

Answers would be greatly appreciated!

7 Likes

I don’t know why we only have a 2 light set but I don’t think for most people using IF it makes a big difference. I can’t say for sure though, I’m not telepathic or anything. It would be nice to have a real 4 light set though.

1 Like

Agreed.

It doesn’t make a big difference, but with the 4-light display it would be easier to determine your relative altitude on the glide slope.

2 Likes

I always wondered as well. The 4-lights make it bit easier to see how bad your altitude is/isn’t.

2 Likes

Exactly! That’s why I was wondering if there’s a reason for why there’s the 2-light system included only.

1 Like

I have also been wondering about this myself, and a lot of other people as far as I can see have too. I’m considering on making a feature request

1 Like

@AlphaSeven… MaxSez: PAPI & Related Approach Fresnel Lens guidance systems come in various shapes, sizes, number of lenses and names, there all readily available via Google.
The 4 Lens PAPI is common on IF. 2 lens PAPI are rare and a Developers choice. Here a refresher on PAPI. No matter how many lenses, Red&White your all right but Red&Red yr dead
Good Day, Max

5 Likes

What? I’ve never honesty seen one in IF…

I know what they are and the differences, I’m just asking why the 4 lense-PAPI isn’t in the game. Thanks for the video!

1 Like
2 Likes

Hmm, could you name a few airports in wihich they have these in IF please? I would like to see them :)

1 Like

Or maybe I haven’t, maybe it’s too hard to implement.

1 Like

Haha what did I tell you? 😏😂

(Go to sleep 😂) I imagine they keep them at 2 to reduce the workload on the device. Maybe because of the way the developers program it, it isn’t easy to add PAPI lights on the left of every runway. 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

That’s the wrong version 🤦 you need the Swiss Ryanair Version

3 Likes

You should maybe make a feature request for 4 lights instead if 2, I’d vote :)

1 Like

I’ll see if I can Make one tomorrow ;)

1 Like

Yes I found a closed one here.

Seems to not be very wanted. Let’s get it in @AlphaSeven!!! 😃😃😃

3 Likes

They said we already have it so you can try.

1 Like

You didn’t really clearly request a 4 light PAPI. 🙃

1 Like

I said full, but it only closed automaticity so go ahead