IF online weather help

People have been saying that there’s a winds in this region or in that region, but my winds just stay at 0 no matter where I go. Could someone help me understand this a bit more?

Weather is live so it changes like in real life. Sometimes is windy and sometimes its not.

1 Like

The weather in live is real time, so for example if at this very moment, if KLAX had 0 knts wind, it would be zero in live in KLAX. So it’s not that any particular region has crosswinds all the time, if there are winds in that region in real time, it’s what you’ll get in live. Maybe it’s just that you’re flying in times that have calm weather. However there have been issues in the past where the weather conditions wouldn’t update as they were supposed to.

2 Likes

Try PHOG at Hawaii. There is always wind there.
Happy landings

3 Likes

Do you have a LIVE subscription?

1 Like

Last I flew to EHAM. When I landed I looked outside(in real life) the weather was beautifull, no clouds with sunshine. But in IF there was 3 km visibilty. I live near runway 06 at EHAM.

2 Likes

Can you confirm that you have an active live subscription and have been flying on the casual or TS1 server? If you are flying solo then the wind is whatever you set it to be.

Are you asking about solo or live mode?
In solo you select your weather settings.
In Live they are automatically set according to most recent reporting from local weather sources.

Live, and thank you for your assistance David :) helped a lot

No problem. Glad to help. :)

Not all airports report live weather. Small fields and rural airports might not have any weather reporting.

3 Likes

Just as I was inquiring about weather, for the first time I got hit by loads of wind lol

1 Like

I will fly there this sunday on IF, its windy then.
Btw i live close to EHAM too @Samet_Ozturk!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.