IF on android box (Mi Box, Shield etc)

Can IF be installed on an android TV box such as XiaoMi box ?

This shouldn’t happen to be anything like it 🙂

(I don’t know much about it but I thought they were slightly similar)

1 Like

This uses the S8+ and Dex to have a large display. I guess i’ll just get the box and test myself. A quick google search give no lead.

You mean instal infinite flight on the tv box itself? Not stream it via phone?

Exactly. I read the box can run game pretty decently. Hook a USB joystick and the control may be pretty much set. I afraid the apps is not available in the AndroidTV Play Store.

It would be hard to play infinite flight on a controller.

You know IF support USB joystick right?
Maybe the menu navigation can be done bt the remote 😅

I like where you are going with this. How will you get live flight connect to work? Or isn’t there a special thing for android?
As someone who uses Apple this could tide me over for the few days between the android release and the Apple release
My dad recently bought a new android tv box, it has an 8 core ARM processor so it should be able to munch through anything IF throws at it

got it up on my tv box

1 Like

Controller works thru OTG cable with android, in this case, most Box got USB port.

Is there any install or buy button?

Yeah there is, the only question left is : is it compatible?

If it install, it is compatible. Nah man I really dont know. I’ll try to get the box tomorrow and try it myself. If it work and combined with @epaga’s upcoming IF-A, it could replace my ipad setup.

As i am typing, it came across my mind how painful it is to interact with some buttons like ‘no smoking’ ‘seat belts’ and atcs.

Same! I was just thinking that. My tv comes with a keyboard remote with a little trackpad so I might be able to use that as a cursor and turn them on.

1 Like

You could keep the phone beside you and press them.

(Edit: I didn’t realise it was a separate box, never mind my post)

1 Like

Does anyone know of the android store offers refunds? If they do I can get it this afternoon and if I can’t get it to work I will just refund it

they does. you have 2 hour window for refund.

Yeah. And I believe there are some air keyboard for android box( normal wireless keyboard but also can act as a mouse as you hover it around)

here is my keyboard, at the top that black square can be used as a track pad. I will get IF and see if it works. I will probably get it in an hour. I will keep you posted.

1 Like

It won’t launch, I cleared memory and it just says “Infinite Flight has stopped” I will try cycling power.