IF long loading times

Hello everyone, IF has been really slow to start up on my IPhone XR been like this for a few weeks I don’t know if it’s my phone or the App but it’s pretty aggravating being that I am a pro subscriber. I mean it’s taking 20 -30 mins to open. I’ve had the app for years and never had this issue. If anyone can lead in the right direction I’d appreciate it

1 Like

Did you try restarting your phone? Reinstalling the app?

Yes… same thing

Ok. So the Xr is one of the most powerful devices existing, can‘t imagine IF is too much for it… did you clear the memory?

1 Like

At what point do you experience issues? There’s several points where “loading” could occur.

Memory is good 32g out of 128 used

When I hit the IF logo to start the app it takes forever to upload

Is there anything else shown on the screen besides the logo?

You can clear the ram of your phone which might help. First go to settings, general, accessibility and turn on assistive touch. Press volume up, then down, then hold the lock button till the shut down menu appears. Hold the assistive touch home button till you‘re on the home screen and your ram is cleared.

2 Likes

No…after I hit the logo it seems like normal upload but it’ll stand still for several minutes and then revert back to my homescreen. I’ll do this for up to 30mins sometimes then the app will start.

1 Like

Do you close your apps regularly? Otherwise they’re all running in the background.

1 Like

I have the app offload feature which closes apps not in use

1 Like

That’s probably your problem. That feature just deletes apps from your phone that you don’t use but keeps the data from them. You have to close the apps that you do use from the multitask page. You can access it by swiping up and holding in the center of the screen and letting go. Then swipe up all the apps, which will stop them from running in the background. Make sure you do this regularly to stop your phone from running too many apps at once.

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll try that

4 Likes

Just wondering, did my method work?

1 Like