IF froze, received violation & no xp

Hey there fellow infinite flight pilots.
This afternoon I finished a 1hr40min flight only to be disappointed by receiving no experience at the end of the flight.
Something else I noticed during the flight was that my communications option was greyed out and unable to be used.
At the beginning of the flight as I was about to take off my at the beginning of the flight as I was about to takeoff. After a Minute or two give or take it minute or two give or take it let me take off.woke back up and let me takeoff. unfortunately at the end looking at my stats I realized I got no experience and got a surprise violation for being idle on the runway.

I ended the flight almost right after landing at my Destiination and other than during the game crash there really was no idle time spent on a runway anywhere as it was a point a I ended the flight almost right after landing at my Destiination and other than during the game crash there really was no idle time spent on a runway anywhere as it was a point A to point B flight. Can someone tell me if the game freezing on my departure could’ve caused this runway violation? Also with the presence of a runway violation cause my communications with the tower on arrival not to work as well as no experience being awarded? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
I believe I got the right section in the forum, if not I apologize

1 Like

Hello!

Sorry to hear.

A runway idle violation results in a session ghost (not to be confused with a report) and disconnects you from the server. This is why you didn’t receive any XP, since the connection was broken in the beginning of the flight.

I Apologize for my ignorance but what exactly is ghosting? I thought I had a grasp on it by searching other topics I was under the impression it’s a form of somebody reporting you. Thought it had to do with the game freezing on the runway.
To be honest I was off in Papua New Guinea with nobody around so I’m a little confused I guess that explains why my communications weren’t allowing me to contact the tower upon arrival LOL. Any elaboration on this ghosting thing and how to reverse it if possible and avoid it for sure next time wouls be tremendously helpful as I’ve been flying a lot lately.

1 Like

Ghosting or ATC ghosting is when Air Traffic Control in a sense ignores or submits a report to ignore you server wide. It also has an affect on your grade as it can lower it if you have one ghost or more.

Essentially it only happens when you do something major to get basically server blocked for your session. Seb should explain it better, however.

A report is something you can be given by an IFATC and other high ranking users. These are more severe and drops your down to Grade 2 for 7 days. This is however also known as a ghosting by many, but isn’t technically correct any longer (it takes time to turn a big ship).

A ghosting is similar to a report in the way that it kicks you out of your current session, but it is only for that specific session and does not give you more than 1 violation. Several violations after each other may however end up in a ghosting which can in some situations end up in a grade reduction.

5 Likes

Unless Seb changes the ghosting, we can not really do anything about it sadly.

However, to prevent IF from freezing in the future, try one or more of these three things.

• Clear your scenery cache. This fixes a lot of freezing.
  • Make sure low power mode is not on. This can have a lot of problems with your phone.
  • Restart Infinite Flight and your phone.
  • Delete and reinstall Infinite Flight.

Hope that helps with the freezing.

Have a good one, Seb may talk to you through PM over this.

1 Like

All handled for every aspect :)