IF freezing

Hey guys.
I have a problem with my IF. It freezes all the time. It does when I fly and when controlling too. It’s quite exasperating. I have tried everything, lower resolution, antialiasing off, low resolution, uninstall and install again…and nothing works. I have a Samsung S8 with Android 9 and the latest IF update. Thanks for your help!

Might be an easy question to answer but is your software up to date?

Yes. Updated 2 weeks ago

my iphone sometimes freeze, but just give some patient, in a few minutes everything will be back on normal

(sorry fo bad english😃)

My english is bad too🤣
How long does it freeze for you?

1 Like

Internet not stable? Does it freezes other apps some time due to internet? How long it frozen? Does it recover? Or you need restart?

Internet is stable.
Only IF freeze, always closed all apps before run IF, to try avoid this. Not recover. It longs 2 or 3 minutes, then I restarted but continue freezing. Never happened before the 19.1 update.

Check out this thread :)

General tips regardless of device:

• Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
  • Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
  • Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
  • It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
  • Disable active ad or message blocking apps
  • Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
  • Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
  • Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
    • Lower the Rendering Resolution setting
    • Lower the Rendering Quality setting
    • Disable Anti Aliasing

General Android tips:

• Make sure you have Android Battery Saver disabled. Having this enabled can cause a lot of degradation in terms of both storage, performance and network.
  • Newer Android devices may work fine with Anti-Aliasing on. Turning this off can help performance for older/less powerful Android models.
  • Some devices (ie Samsung) may have a Game Tuner app to enhance the performance of games. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.

If none of the suggestions above helps:

As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.

1 Like

I can say S8 has some problem. I have s7 and s8, I find it s7 lot smoother. Maybe something samsung changed. Can you go back to previous android OS? Clearly I can see something wrong with phone not IF

I can’t back to the previous andoid OS. I only have to redign myself and wait…or buy a new device🙄

Looks like android got bad after 7…if you Google it, lots of ppl have issues with S8 freeze. Try hard reset, safe mode, wipe cache, hope one of them sort it out

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thedroidguy.com/2019/03/samsung-galaxy-s8-keeps-freezing-and-lagging-after-android-8-0-oreo-update-easy-steps-1084676/amp

1 Like

Get a iPhone 👍🏽

1 Like

I’m thinking that seriously…

Before just getting a new phone, do you know if you have any Samsung ‘game enhancing’ apps enabled?

Game launcher of Samsung.

I had experienced the same issue before. However, I use IF on a 2017 iPad Pro.

I would disable that. Game tuners, especially that of Samsung, have a notorious reputation for ruining the Infinite Flight experience. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.

I would recommend you to install the app “Clean Master” to clean up some unnecessary files. If you have any software updates then update your Android to the latest version.

Also, try wiping cache partition by doing this:

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  • When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  • Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition”
  • Press Power button to select.
  • Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  • When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.

It will take a little longer for the phone to boot up after wiping the cache partition as it will rebuild those files.

If it still happens after these solutions, do a factory reset if you think it’s worth it. Make sure to secure all of your data before doing that.

• Starley (Android Genius)
2 Likes

I would try. Thanks!!

1 Like

Report back with your findings :)

Work it!! (for the moment) 😅
Thanks to everybody!! Can close this topic.