IF Freezes and Crashes AGAIN after disconnection from Server

I was so close to finishing my 13 hour flight from KSFO to Auckland but right when I was 100NM away from Auckland it decides to freeze and crash like before

It’s been happening quite often making it impossible to finish a flight

iPhone 6s
iOS 12.1

3 Likes

Have you tried a reinstall of infinite flight?

1 Like

Do you have limit frame rate on?

2 Likes

Yep always enabled

1 Like

What about the graphics? Are they on high?

2 Likes

What about anti aliasing? I had the 6s but it’s been a few months since I have used it as I have a 7 now so I don’t know what it’s like with the current state or IF, it might be worth trying to lower your graphic settings and checking if that helps in any way

2 Likes

You guys should go back and read his previous topic regarding this (IF Crashes after disconnection from server)

@Flyingkiwi - I’m as puzzled about this now as i were a few days ago.

One thing though… just a random idea:
What if you were to start a flight, and then after 20-30mins turned on Airplane mode on your device (make sure WiFi is off too…) - will the app then crash? Because it should, if the connection drop is really the issue.

5 Likes

iPhone 6s has no problem running IF on the highest settings smoothly

Hmm let me try it quickly and I will get back to you with the results

2 Likes

Cool!
One more thing, is this happening at around the same time every day maybe?

2 Likes

I conducted a test multiple times and it didn’t crash

1 Like

My theory, is if I’m thinking of the system in the right way. Sudden disconnect with the cloud, causes the app to freak out increasing a load onto the phone and the phone automatically shuts it down.

2 Likes

Also when the app crashed before I was able to see it was trying so hard to reconnect back to the live server but nope it crashed

1 Like

That’s where my sudden load theory comes into play, they would need to implement safeguards so if the cloud disconnected the safeguards turn on and prevent the app from freaking out.

2 Likes

A safeguard isn’t needed if the issue isn’t common. If it was Seb would have figured out the issue by now surely.

2 Likes

That theory would be sound if it weren’t for the fact that:

1. We’ve tested to disconnect the app hundreds of times before without it crashing.

2. People’s flights aren’t crashing when we’re doing server restarts.

4 Likes

I mean for ULH’s the infomation isn’t being upload to the cloud anymore so the apps freak out, which explains why it’s not common. Most people don’t move their devices during ULH’s so the connection is stable.

1 Like

Same thing there I’m afraid. I get where you’re going at but no, unfortunately that’s not the case. Wish it were though…

2 Likes

There’s something device related here. We have several other users with 6S who is not experiencing this…

I would love a device factory reset but that can be a pain…

2 Likes

Other members said they had the same issue with the Note 8 and the lastest iPad Pro

1 Like