IF Connection Problems

Hiya. I’ve had this probably consistently, where the app decides to disconnect and even after reconnecting to WiFi, the app doesn’t work. It mostly happens on overnight long hauls.

1 Like

Do you mind describing the issue a bit further? Is your app crashing, or are you being disconnected from the live server?

The app decides to, as far as I know, disconnect from the live server and never reconnects. It sometimes happens when I have a system notification and it pauses the flight.

otherwise for long-haul crashes

The notifications may cause the app to pause or disconnect you from the live server. It is recommended that you don’t leave any apps running in the background and turn off notifications.

2 Likes

How is that relevant to connectivity issues?

1 Like

This might be relevant for the posted topic. Disconnect isn’t the same like a game crash but there might be a connection.

There is not. Not at all.

you are technical support, I am just trying to help. Just ignore what I said.

Sometimes guessing can make things worse, hence my intervention.

I am having the same issue and was about to create a topic @schyllberg

That’s the issue. When you get a system notification, it pauses the app that’s running. When my iPad is sending me a system notification to update my OS, it pauses Infinite Flight which results in a disconnection from the Live server. What is the system notification you are getting?

1 Like

That’s actually what I got in this case, with my iPad wanting me to download a new update. Sometimes it’s software, other times it is for Cellular systems.

Ah, okay, bingo! Unfortunately there is not much the developers can do to help you because those notifications are controlled by the OS and not Infinite Flight. The only way to stop this from happening is to do whatever the system notification is asking you to do so it will dissapear and not interrupt your flight again (in this case update your OS).

If you get a notification, it will pause the app. If the app is paused for too long, it’ll disconnect. It’s not an issue, it’s by design.

1 Like

Oh alright. Thanks for helping me out! Should I just restart my iPad and do a new flight?

Update your OS first so the notification will not pop up in the future. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be all good to go :)

EDIT: One more thing, if you wish not to update your OS in the future and want to prevent further notifications, do the following:

Automatic Updates are enabled by default, so you’ll need to turn them off. This won’t help with the current update, but it will stop you from getting these messages in future. So the first thing you should do is dive into settings and turn Automatic Updates off:

1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap iTunes & App Store.
  3. In the section headed Automatic Downloads, set the slider next to Updates to Off (white).

(Taken from: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/stop-iphone-nagging-ios-software-update-3641478/)

Hey Seb,

Hope you’re well, are there any issues with servers just now?
My device is on, connected to Wi-Fi and under the Airspace Status its showing “Loading”
Shall I log another ticket for this?

Nick

All is well here. I just tried myself.

2 Likes

For me it disconnected when my third party started (IF pax)