IF-Assistant on Long Haul

Hi IFC,
Just read the thread about IFA, and bought it afterwards. I was planning on a Long-Haul tomorrow, will IFA affect the crash probability? Is it better if I not use it so the game does not crash?

2 Likes

Hey there nice to see you will use IFA your game won’t crash as long as you follow everything to do if your doing a long haul and if you don’t have it open

1 Like

Thanks, the topic can be closed now.

2 Likes

Yeah, IFA runs on a separate API to what is causing the crashes.
I think that is the correct term 🤔

1 Like

The crash on iOS is a result of a memory (RAM) leak, meaning a device such as an iPad Air 2 (with 2gb of RAM) has a greater probability of crashing compared to an iPad Pro (with 6gb of ram). The more RAM in use, the higher the chance is that your device will crash.

Memory usage is increased as your device uses more apps, meaning Infinite Flight is more likely to crash if Inflight Assistant is being used in the background. That said, Inflight Assistant will only use a minuscule amount of RAM and will affect the crash probability by a insignificant amount.

I recommend clearing all apps and restarting your device each time you finish a flight - this will help with reducing the chances of Infinite Flight crashing.

These are some helpful tips to further limit the chances of a crash:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a contributor. I find IFA a valuable tool to assist with step-climbing during overnight long hauls and I don’t think it’s ever contributed to any app crashes I’ve had.

As per the thread linked above, I find the best thing to reduce crashes is I put my cam on tail view and point to the sky as I’m flying in cruise.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.