IF App in App Store says for users 4 years and up

I gave IF a big 5 star rating and a very enthusiastic (and honest) write up in response to the message from devs today at the top of the forum.
While doing so I noticed the app is recommended for those above 4 years! Is this for real? This can explain a lot about users on TS1 lol

6 Likes

It does not mean that it is recommended for people older than 4 years, it just means that you may buy/use it if you are 4/older than 4 years old (it’s PEGI 3 on the Play Store).

2 Likes

I do agree with what you’re saying. Though I think it’s put 4+ because even if the player is very bad, there’s no problem leaving a kid play. As in no violence or anything. Obviously though the 4 year old would not fly in a professional way. It’s like a game to play chess. It’s going to be written 4+

2 Likes

If it is like how Xbox, PS4, etc… games are rated then it’s not up to the developers decision, and the game has no graphic content.

1 Like

You also gotta remember. Most of these kids and adults don’t even have a subscription so when they buy one, it’s a huge transition. a 4 year old could play without a subscription

1 Like

The rating on the App Store reflects the content of the game. It’s a recommended that tells parents how old their child should be in order to play the game. As long as there are no drugs, alcohol, violence, and other inappropriate content, then it is usually rated 4+. FDS cannot rate their own game 12+ just to keep out younger children because it’s completely clean.

1 Like

It’s based on whether the game is violent (which is why for example Asphalt 8 is a 12+ as car crashes are possible). Not on how smart you need to be (if it was that, calculating it would be tricky as we will have 12-year-olds who are good pilots and TS1-level pilots in college)

1 Like

If you want to know how Google and Apple rate the apps, check these 2 websites out:

1 Like

Lol 😂 nice observation Buccaneer

1 Like

The most inappropriate thing in IF is a trolls callsign, I wouldnt be surprised if its rated 4+

I dont even think people under 4 will understand IF or a planes physics.

1 Like

There’s no graphic or inappropriate content in IF.
No Drugs, Violence, Sex, Cursing and so on, so forth.

Most minors probably don’t play on Live servers. Instead they hang around on Solo. There’s probably a descent amount of players on Solo due to economical reasons. Not every 4 year has a parent who finds it to be a genius idea paying for live, as much it costs. Neither does every child have that much money to buy a subscription.

IF isn’t really GTA, CoD, Battlefield, etc… niether is it worth 7+ because violence is no part of this sim. Difficulty doesn’t define age restriction, only the content does.

1 Like

Its been a steep learning curve to sharpen skills to use IF even for me as an adult. IF does require applying learning and thought to develop skills. Personally have recommended IF to many teen kids who love aviation.
Thank you everyone the post was a bit of tongue in cheek.

I started playing when I was really little and I still knew how to fly Boeing 747s!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.