Idle Thrust?

So me and @ran, alongside a few others (maybe?) are about to do a flight from KIX-VHHH, and I was going to try and recreate the dramatic scenario that came with Cathay Pacific Flight 780 on approach into VHHH. Is 0% idle thrust? Because Cathay 780 had a double engine stall, and I was going to recreate that.

2 Likes

One thing I forgot to note, if you’re doing that, you may want to try it on Casual Server.

1 Like

Yes 0% is idle thrust

1 Like

MaxSez: Oxymoron’s and the Forum are Synonymous! “Idle”= no Thrust. The term Idle alone sez it all. Just Sayin, Max + Da!

5 Likes

And if you are going to recreating the flight to as best you can here are somethings to note:
1. do it on casual server
2. while doing the decent the pilots of CX780
got engine 1 to 74% power and stayed that way until after the landing (due the the substance found in the engine and fuel tanks)(so i would say the best way to simulate this would be to shutoff engine 2 and only use engine 1)
3. the pilots where landing at a very high speed (230 knots)
4. If you can land on runway 07L

2 Likes

@MSP_Spotter. MaxSez: Exceptional, Knowledgeable response!
Keep reading those NTSB type reports on AvSafe. A Pro stayed abreast of trends. Well Done, “BZ” MaxSends
IMG_1517

1 Like

I think we’re landing 07R. Oh well.

That is something I love to do in my free time :) and thanks

1 Like

Generally 0% N1 (Engine Fan Speed) is when the engine is not moving however most engines genenrally for example the CFM56-5B4 have a N1 idle thrust of 21%

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.