Idea for fuel burn

So with global confirmed its very posible that fuel burn comes with it. Instead of just select the fuel that you want in setting I have another idea.

This idea would consist in have a buttom like the pushback one you would have one that says START REFUELING. Once you press it the aircraft would start refueling and you would stop it when you have the fuel you want.
The fuel you have would appear in another page called systems and it could also be added an option to dump fuel in case you need it.

Comment what do you think of this.

39 Likes

Hmmm. Interesting

2 Likes

Perhaps it can auto stop when you reach the fuel required for your flight plus reserves. You can add more fuel if you want to however.

15 Likes

Or in the fuel section in weight/balance we could add fuel in hours. Of course the amount of hours would depend on the aircarft

5 Likes

of course the fuel you can put would depend of the aircraft

1 Like

It would also have to sped up a bit because i think that big long haul aircraft flying of example from london to Australia which some people may do could take an hour to refuel so maybe it is at 2x speed.

2 Likes

Interesting idea but looking at Laura’s instagram posts , I don’t think that fuel burn is coming with global

3 Likes

I like this idea. Other things I’ve seen is where you can have fuel load in real time, or instantly. That would be a good option for some people.

5 Likes

This idea is brilliant!

3 Likes

I hope fuel burn doesnt come. I hope we can set it to no fuel burn if we dont want it and set it to burn fuel if we want.

3 Likes

Looking at both twitter and instagram at present you’d think Global isn’t coming, period.

2 Likes

Any form of fuel burn is ok with me! Support this!!

3 Likes

i like it!!! and maybe we could even have some GSE

2 Likes

maybe we can enter the total amount of fuel needed, and it just fills it up for us. If we somehow need more fuel, we land at the nearest airport assuming ur not in the middle of the Atlantic and refuel :D

3 Likes

Refueling with the engines on? ;)

3 Likes

I don’t really care in what form fuel burning comes, as long as it comes ;)

LiIke in air refueling? or what do u mean

i´d really like to see this in IF, but you have to think that just coding Global is hard. I think they will put it, but in another uptade after Global is out.

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea, to make it useful, there should also probably be a system where you cannot land over MLW

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you would choose the amount of fuel you need on the page for weight & balances. No need to implement re-fueling in the sim. That’s my take.

2 Likes