Idea For a Custom livery System

This is a combination of some great ideas I’ve seen, mainly An idea for custom liveries....Colorwheel! and A custom livery server. It is not a new concept to add custom liveries to IF, but they’ve been met with skepticism around difficult implementation, realism lapses, and abuse of the system. Here’s my suggestion.
Simulators like FlightGear, Xplane, and FSX allow you to download, edit, and implement paintkits, templates that provide panel lines and windows, to add custom liveries. However, giving such templates to users could lead to potential abuse, so new liveries would be checked by a group of moderators. Liveries that pass would automatically be added to the user who submitted them’s library, but liveries made by other users could be downloaded in a system similar to aircraft downloads. Finally, a server or set of servers would be set aside for custom liveries or a combination of custom and real liveries.

Please let me know what you think.

That’s a lot of work for Moderators

This should go in the #features category.

I would’ve put it there, but I don’t think that I have the permission to post there yet.

If you don’t have the permissions to post under the #features category, then its best to probably wait until your account naturally progresses to the stage that would allow you to. In the meantime, I’ve closed this topic

@Infinite_Flight_Sims We need to stop making a habit out of this. I see folks do this way too often and its nothing but blank words. Comments like this provide nothing beneficial. Simply click on the users profile. If they’re not a TL2 or Member, flag the post and let us know that the user does not meet the requirements. Thanks!

10 Likes