Icelandair VA

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL THREAD. THIS IS FOR RESEARCH/RECURITMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

I talked to a rep of the IFVARB a couple weeks ago, and a potential Icelandair VA is on the table. Now, I would like to find out the feasibility of an Icelandair VA by asking the community what they think of the concept. All I have for you today is a poll, and some positions to fill if interested.

Is Icelandair VA something you would consider looking into?

• Yes, I am potentially interested in Icelandair VA
  • No, I am not interested in Icelandair VA

0 voters

If you are interested in becoming staff for this up and coming VA, have a look at the positions to fill below.

Vice-President:
Assists the CEO in various roles within the VA. Coordinates internal processes with the CEO.

Taken by:
@HiFlyer

Marketing/Branding:
Creates videos, logos, and essentially advertises the VA. Experience with Photoshop is an added plus. May include website development.

Taken by: @pidge

Event Organizer:
Creates the event topic on the IFC, coordinates events and ensure all runs smoothly at said events.

Taken by: @nickomca

Moderator (two needed):
Moderates Slack/Discord (undecided as to which one will be used)

Taken by: @James_Lang & @Gollemitt

All of the aforementioned positions include a seat on the Board of Directors.

If you are interested in filling one of these positions, or think another position should be created, don’t hesitate to PM me, @Joseph_Krol.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Lets watch as Joseph here tags all the devs not just one… 😆😂

5 Likes

@Joseph_Krol it seems that @anon93248082 has moved this to the #live category. I think it’s ok now. Thanks Mark!

I did move it and changed the name to make it appropriate.

I would love to see IcelandAir as a VA!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @anon93248082 and @KaiM!

2 Likes

I’d love to see a VA especially one where people don’t fly as much. Exploring new territories!

2 Likes

Exactly. One of the reasons that I’d like to make an Icelandair VA is that Iceland itself remains barely flown and explored, and I seek to try and change that.

5 Likes

Yeah as the only main competitors in Iceland are Icelandair and Wow air it should be a va in which attracts attention.

3 Likes

Yeah! I’d like this VA to set itself apart from the giants from other countries.

2 Likes

I’d love see us have more WOW Liveries on IF now due to this. It’d be great see Icelandic base companies!

1 Like

Yup. Icelandair has one livery on the 757, and WOW only has the A320. I’m thinking about voting for requests on the Icelandair 767 and WOW Air A321.

1 Like

Funny you speak of the IcelandAir 767 - I flew Iceland Air from Anchorage - London Heathrow. And found out on the way back I was going be on the very first scheduled Iceland Air 767 flight, the jet broke down on us so we had take a winglet-less 757 back

3 Likes

Aw, man! These days, however, even a winglet-less 757 is moderately interesting, isn’t it?

2 Likes

It was so weird seeing it lol

3 Likes

At KPIT anything bigger than a 737 is intresting… 😂

1 Like

That must really suck. I take the heavies at DEN for granted…in the meantime, please keep this about Icelandair and a potential VA.

2 Likes

Ya, sorry. We have WOW here not Iceland Air, so my completely unbiased (sure KPIT, unbiased) opinion I am not super interested in an Iceland Air VA myself…

1 Like

But then again… The China Eastern charter…

1 Like

Well that us a little irrelevant to Iceland, but still want that livery…

1 Like

I actually flew to Iceland on Icelandair. Very great! Would love to join.

1 Like