Icelandair reveals new 737 MAX livery

ICELANDAIR NEW LIVERY

Just an hour ago, Icealandair has revealed a new livery that arrived at Keflavik airport today (28th Jan 2022) on TF-ICE (A 737 MAX)

In 2022 we are updating our airline livery – the way our planes look – with new colors drawn from Icelandic nature, including the beloved northern lights. - Icelandair

The livery gets inspiration from the auras, glaciers and the northern lights.
I personally like the livery because it looks really bright, what does everyone else think?

Credit: Icelandair website

40 Likes

gross.

19 Likes

What @barbadian said.

8 Likes

I do not like it…at all. Their old livery livery was simple yet recognizable, why did they have to get quirky :(

8 Likes

oh god no pls don’t destroy a 767 with this,…

4 Likes

Looks just as low cost as on the 757. Feels like a Ryanair copy

2 Likes

eca

This looks like Ryanair / United for me…

I like way more the traditional colours. Tho, not bad, but disappointing for me

8 Likes

I don’t love it, but I definitely wouldn’t call it gross. I think the livery is okay, and I like the way it’s inspired from northern lights. The addition of different tail paint like on JetBlue is also a nice thing. I still like the older one better though, it looks more clean.

4 Likes

I like the philosophy too, but they could have done something a lot better

2 Likes

Welcome to the next Eurowhite livery…

It’s clean, modern and evokes opinions to become a talking point, giving the airline exposure. (Also brings in more creative special liveries that could look cool…)

To be honest, I don’t love it, but I do like it. It may look similar to other airlines’, but that doesn’t bother me - it’s the inspiration that matters. I’m sure it will grow on every one of us, and we’ll become accustomed to the livery.

Qantas, Lufthansa, Air France, Brussels Airlines, etc etc. all have had to go through the same process of being the talking point for a few months, then they go back to normal. We’ll all get used to it eventually.

11 Likes

Nope. Their old livery was simple but it was great. Not sure the need to add hot pink into the mix there…

Ah yes, those beautiful natural occurrences that are millimetric, ruler drawn straight.

I personally like the livery a lot, it’s simple and pops. But as to how it takes inspiration from any of those things… I haven’t a clue 😂

6 Likes

I actually don’t mind it. I don’t like the pink one as much as it doesn’t really fit but ooh well.

4 Likes

That shade of dark blue…touché. The new font, gorgeous.

Huge fan of the new livery. Leaps and bounds compared to the old one.

3 Likes

It’s not terrible. I’m sure it’ll grow more on me.

4 Likes

Completely agree.

Welcome to Eurowhite Era I guess 🤔 Old livery are dying 🤷‍♂️

Honestly the livery would look just fine without the bright blue stripe. The yellow one is ok, but I really don’t like the bright blue or pink stripe.

United: Reveals Evo Blue

Everyone : ew

Air France: Reveals Crevette

Everyone: ew

American: Reveals Winglets

Everyone: ew

Icelandair: Reveals this

Can you guess what the next step is?

We are being pushed out of our comfort zones and frankly it’s good IMO. It means things are changing. The 201X look is leaving and being replaced, like with every decade. It’s thanks to changes like these that planes don’t look like in the 50s.

10 Likes

Call me a weirdo but, I absolutely love this livery. I’m just different and old I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 Likes