Icelandair Boeing 737 MAX 8

Icelandair 737 MAX 8

About Icelandair

Icelandair is the flag carrier of Iceland, with its corporate head office on the property of Reykjavík Airport in the capital city Reykjavík. It is part of the Icelandair Group and operates to destinations on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean from its main hub at Keflavík International Airport. The geographical position of Iceland is convenient for one-stop transatlantic flights, which is one pillar of the airline's business strategy, along with traffic to, from, and within the country.

Besides their Trans - Atlantic operations, they operate a number of Dash 8 aircraft within the country, mostly from Rekyjavik City Airport. Icelandair has a few destinations in Greenland served as well, including Nuuk, Ilulissat, Narsarsuaq, and Kangerlussuaq, the latter of which is served during the Summer season by the 737 MAX.

Each one of Icelandair’s planes is named after an Icelandic geological featured. For example, the MAX 8 pictured above, TF-ICE is named Jökulsárlón, a glacier in the interior of the country.

The 737 MAX at Icelandair
A large number of routes are served by the 737 MAX at Icelandair. Most European destinations, including London, Tenerife, Paris, Nice, and Milan utilize the MAX. Many of their North American flights also are run on the MAX, including to Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, Charlotte, and Orlando. The airline’s longest flight, from Tel Aviv - Keflavik (not currently operating due to the war) utilizes a MAX 8.
Icelandair Route Map

Sources

Amazing livery

1 Like

I bet we’re going to see a poll with the different liveries Icelandair has

2 Likes

All these better come

8 Likes

I was about to say Mort better vote for this but he created it 😂

2 Likes

Wishing for this to come! 🙏

1 Like

Yes… PLEASEEEE… but the red one is best imo

1 Like

what a beauty! Voted

This is needed in the sim, we only have one Icelandair livery in the game.

Here’s a pic I took of Iceland air in Dublin

IcelandAir pics from BIKF! Very cool airport, home of IcelandAir.

picture!

I have to say the pink one has to be my favorite!

7 Likes

Definitely need this livery in IF. Voted!

1 Like

Also the blue livery suits the 737. It would be great to get all 3 of them

2 Likes

That’s an awesome reg!

👀

1 Like

I need this livery in IF💥😮‍💨

My favorite is TF-ICS I might be slightly biased

2 Likes

Definitely need!

1 Like

Hopefully we get to vote between the different liveries!

1 Like

Iceland Air B737 MAX On finals from KEF

2 Likes