Icelandair 80th Anniversary Livery at LHR on 20-12-20

Hello everyone,
I just thought id share what I do as my job as a check-in/gate agent at LHR for dedicated on the Icelandair product. Also, as the reworked 757 has come out, today was the perfect opportunity to show you guys one of my favourite liveries on the Boeing 757! the Icelandair 80th Anniversary livery that came to Heathrow today!
Enjoy:

After waiting 45 minutes for a stand and a stand change at a busy Heathrow Terminal 2, FI450 is entering stand 238

Cleaning in progress, interior of the aircraft

The #mystopover slogan on the winglet

Wingview with a Turkish Airlines A350 next door, I was checking to see if the fuel truck arrived

Tailshot, its definitely bigger in person :)

Side shot with registration TF-FIR

Engine view, Infinite Flight have without a doubt done a fantastic job on their reworked 757 engine model

Boarding completed, Jet Bridge off

Ready for Pushback

This is what “we” call a swing push back, when the aircraft pushes back and first pushes back the other way in order to create some space as there may be construction or not enough space to push back normally

Swing pushback almost complete as FI451 is ready for its journey to Reykjavik (Keflavik International Airport)

Photo Credits: Me :D

I really hoped you enjoyed seeing this aircraft and if you want more just let me know!
Happy Sunday everyone!
:)

48 Likes

You have such an awesome job! I love the livery just as much as Hekla Aurora!

1 Like

The Hekla Aurora came in on Friday! I had the opportunity to work that day but i declined. If only i knew it was coming in I absolutely would have worked!

1 Like

Nice pictures! Got to fly on this aircraft last year, such a great livery!

1 Like

Very nice!! Did you travel to Iceland or transit? I hope to visit next next year! Covid killed my chance to go this year! :(

1 Like

I’ve traveled to Iceland with them, but this time I was transiting via Iceland!

1 Like

Ah nice! It’s quite a simple cabin but the liveries are just amazing!

1 Like

Nice photos! Looks like a very cool job!

1 Like

Thank you :)!! Its never boring thats for sure haha

2 Likes

Also imagine if we had this livery for the flyout event on the 26th!! would of been amazing lol

2 Likes

Man you are so lucky to be able to get onto these rare aircraft. Good photos as well so well done

1 Like

Thank you so much! Its such a treat when it comes in! Hopefully the Hekla Aroura comes in soon again!

1 Like

I forgot to mention in picture 9 you can see the Aeroflot A350 peaking next door! Such a cool aircraft!

What an amazing livery! It’s so cool that you got to prepare that flight when the plane was around!

1 Like

Yess one of my fav liveries of Icelandair! And yeah when I saw today as we were briefing for the flight that it was the 80th aviation livery I was really happy lol

1 Like

Just a beauty as well as your pics. I really wish this and the Hekla Aurora livery came to the new update:(

1 Like

Thank you so much! They are so beautiful in person! In regards to the game they have a lot of votes so hopefully it comes soon!

Special liveries on iconic aircrafts - what a beauty!
I’m dreaming of see this livery in real life
Thx for sharing!

1 Like

Honestly its much more magnificent IRL! Iv handled the Hekla Aurora too and wished i took a few pictures back then but hopefully it should be back at LHR soon! Im glad you enjoyed it :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.