Ibom Air A220-300

Ibom Air is a Nigerian airline based in the Akwa Ibom state. It’s the latest African carrier to acquire the A220-300.

Addition of the livery would introduce handful of routes in West Africa.

More about Ibom Air:

Another of your A220 threads I would love to vote for when able, ooops!

4 Likes

Thanks for your vote again! Hopefully this is my last one 😅

Actually, the airline received their A220’s last month during the pandemic! These two planes came from Egyptair

Thanks!

2 Likes

Where are they based ? (Green Africa)

2 Likes

True, I was gonna make a request about it but decided to wait until they receive their first aircraft

Also in Nigeria! Although they seem to have a bigger ambition than Ibom Air

2 Likes

No Crj900s

1 Like

They were talking about Green Africa, but it’s true that Ibom also operate some CRJ900’s

2 Likes

A quick bump!
Reception Ceremony of the new A220 for Ibom Air.

3 Likes

there’s no valid reason why this along with Air Tanzania and EgyptAir shouldn’t be added!!!

3 Likes

Double 300’s!

3 Likes

New route in Nigeria, it would be cool to give Africa more love in addition of others operators in this continent ! Ibom Air Launches Lagos Port Harcourt Connection - YouTube

3 Likes

Love to see it! Here for more African A220 routes

1 Like

Ibom Air will order an additional 10 A220-300s tomorrow at 11 am Nigerian time at the Dubai Air Show. The deal will have a list price value of $915 Million US Dollars, however, Airbus will most likely give a rather big discount. According to Reuters and Nigerian sources, high-ranking Nigerian politicians, Ibom Air board members, and Faury, the CEO of Airbus will be present. The 10 A220s will start to arrive in 2023 and will be all delivered by mid-2024. The current two A220-300s dry-leased from EgyptAir whose leases expire in June 2022, will be replaced by 2 other leased A220s till the ordered A220s will start to arrive in Uyo.

Ibom Air is a relatively young airline from the state of Akwa Ibom in Nigeria, a state that is rather wealthy due to lots of resources. The airline is the first 100% state-owned airline in Africa and has been expanding quickly across its domestic network since being founded in 2019. They operated a CRJ-900-only fleet until the 2 leased A220s from EgyptAir arrived earlier this year. With them, they plan to fly across the whole of Africa and also looked at flights to Europe.

2 Likes

And what about green africa , aren’t they from Nigeria and ordered A220 that we never saw ?

1 Like

Do you mean Green Africa? xD

2 Likes

Yes I meant that airline , my bad :p

1 Like

Green Africa signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for 50 A220-300s which would make them the largest A220 operator in Africa. However, there hasn’t been any news regarding this deal lately (at least as far as I know). The airline however has begun operations with ATRs across Nigeria so it remains to be seen how this turns out.

2 Likes

I am from Nigeria and I do want this livery

2 Likes

The livery will be more like the CRJ livery as well once they receive their self-owned A220s.

Here is a mockup I created a few months back before they had any A220s, which turns out to be quite close.

2 Likes

I wish yours was the real one, current one is white 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 Like