I Woke Up Way Too Early For This (BRU/EBBR)

Welcome one, welcome all! Guess who’s back again?

Yup, it’s me! Back again with yet another spotting topic. If you haven’t seen my last one, go check it out: Making Terrible Photos Inside An Air Base.

So about a month ago, on the 3rd of November me and my spotting friend woke up at the ungodly hour of 3:15 to go and spot some planes in the early morning light. The day before I actually went to his place and spent the night… with some very awkward (for me) sleeping arrangements, so we could both go to the airport early.

Safe to say I didn’t really sleep much with those “arrangements”.

We got some different conditions throughout the day, pitch black night, early morning sunrise, thick mist, the lot. Which made for some amazing, and terrible photos.

As per usual, these shots are edited.

Basic information:

• Landing runways: 25L and 25R
  • Departing runway: 25R
  • Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
  • Lens: Fujifilm XF 100-400mm

And let’s go ahead and show the photos!

By the time the first arrival (we saw) came by, the sun had started to rise. Although there was quite a thick fog at the beginning, it cleared up nicely so we could see this Brussels Airlines Airbus A330-300 (OO-SFE) arriving early after a flight from N’djili Airport (FIH/FZAA).

Immediately after that we got another long-haul arrival, this time a United Boeing 787-10 (N12012) in the beautiful new livery seconds before landing after flying from Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD/KIAD).

After a while, the mist still hadn’t cleared, but I was excited to see this one anyway. This Croatia Airlines Bombardier Dash-8 Q400 (9A-CQF) landing after a rather long flight from Zagreb Franjo Tuđman Airport (ZAG/LDZA). This was actually my first time seeing a passenger turboprop airliner from up close!

Next up, after the mist had mostly cleared, we got to see something special again. Not aircraft wise, but action wise. This Turkish Airlines Airbus A321neo (TC-LSH) performing a go-around after a very hard and early landing after flying from Istanbul Airport (IST/LTFM).

After that, another one of our flag carrier’s aircraft touched down, this Brussels Airlines Airbus A320 (OO-TCQ) touching down after flying from… somewhere, I forgot to write down it’s departure airport. Fun fact: this is actually an ex-Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium aircraft, hence the -TC registration.

Right after it vacated the runway, we got another neo. This time a Middle East Airlines Airbus A321neo (T7-ME3), the 10000th Airbus A320 family aircraft, touching down after a flight from Beirut-Rafic Hariri International Airport (BEY/OLBA).

After some clouds blocked out the sun a bit, this Swiss Bombardier CS100 (HB-JBG) came in from Zurich Airport (ZRH/LSZH). And it’s a beacon shot, who doesn’t love those?

After the sun came out again (good job buddy, proud of you), we got to see the beautiful ANA Boeing 787-9 (JA837A) over the runway after a long flight from Narita International Airport (NRT/RJAA). Featuring fanblades and beacon lights! Amazing.

When the sun started to set again, and some amazing light enveloped the airport, we got to see an actual (not Brussels Airlines) Eurowings Airbus A319 (D-AGWO) coming in from Stuttgart Airport (STR/EDDS).

And last but not least, we got some MAX action in the form of this Royal Air Maroc Boeing 737 MAX 8 (CN-MAY) on short final after flying in from Mohammed V International Airport (CMN/GMMN).

And that’s a wrap! For now anyway. I honestly didn’t regret waking up so early to get this. The spotting session was very successful and we got to see some awesome stuff. Maybe I’ll make a part 2 of this, who knows.

Anyway I hope you all liked the shots as much as I did! Going to plug my Instagram again, because why not, so go check that out if you’re interested.

My Instagram (most recentpost).

I hope to see all of you in the next one!

64 Likes

Gorgeous photos 🤩

1 Like

It’s a good thing you woke up 🤩

That RAM 737MAX is absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

Great shots! These two are my favorites :)

1 Like

Thank you!

@Robertine Yes, good thing I didn’t fall into an eternal sleep. And I agree, it looks great!

@TwoTwoFive They’re definitely two of my favourites from that day as well.

2 Likes

Wonderful pictures!

1 Like

That MEA A321neo looks absolutely stunning, especially with the ‘raccoon’ mask. Keep up the amazing work!

1 Like

Thank you!

@IF_International I agree, the mask really adds to any livery really. Thanks very much!

2 Likes

I am pretty biased, but I liked the A221 the most!

All shots were fantastic though and the colors are excellently striking!

2 Likes

Oh no it certainly is an amazing aircraft, one of my personal favourites.

And thank you very much!

1 Like

These are some incredible photos! You should wake up this early more often 😂

2 Likes

Yeah mine, too… I have over 1.500 replies in A220 topics (with my old account Maximilian1805) xD

1 Like

Thank you! And maybe I will, if I ever have any time. Maybe during a holiday period. And hopefully without awkward sleeping arrangements then.

@MxP Oh yes, I very clearly remember your love for the aircraft. Totally justified though, it is amazing after all.

3 Likes

A person of culture, I see…

1 Like

Amazing pics, especially for the mist.

1 Like

Indeed.

@slappy01 Thank you!

1 Like

Beautiful photos! I love it 🤩

1 Like

I know its the cs100 but thats what my first flight with a220 is going to be lol

Nice spotting by the way

1 Like

Thank you!

@BlueThunder08 I think that’ll be my first one as well, along with Air Baltic’s Riga flight.

1 Like

You’re welcome to making a real screenshots with plane spotting!

1 Like