I was a nervous wreck

So I was flying on expert this afternoon I was told by ATC climb and maintain 180 so I did. . Then I was told climb and maintain 140 so because I was already at 180 I started to descend to 140. Then it came the please pay attention to instructions. I started to be nervous that I was gonna be ghosted my question is how fast should my vs for descending be set how many feet per. Maybe I wasn’t descending fast enough. I think that the ATC was wrong. not me I did not received a violation so I’m not reporting. I’m just asking for help with this situation

1 Like

What was your VS while descending?

1 Like

Who was the controller? What server?

1 Like

If possible it’s best to PM the controller if you know who they were. If not I’m sure the community can help you.

2 Likes

Expert don’t know the controller

1 Like

He isn’t looking to report the controller so I would advise giving information as to what the VS should be during Ascent and Descent

1 Like

600 descending per

1 Like

I descend with a VS of around 1000-2000, I’m not too sure if this is realistic but it’s never gotten me in trouble

2 Likes

That’s what I was wondering

2 Likes

what region ?

2 Likes

According to my checklists, you should descend at a rate of -1,800 ft./min. You shouldn’t get reported or get violations for that descent rate

2 Likes

Caribbean region

1 Like

do you know the airport (this will help us find the controller so they can talk to you yes i realsie this is not a complaint)

1 Like

I Generally do around 13-1500ft./min. I never have any problems unless I wait too late to descend.

3 Likes

Ok thanks for that I guess I wasn’t descending fast enough for the controller. But it still was his error because first he told me 180 which I did then he said climb to 140. See my point

1 Like

I was on my ways to Julianna. It was central not approach or tower t

1 Like

ill look inot it for you

1 Like

T f f r to t n c m

1 Like

Don’t worry about it. You’re fine. The climb/descend switch is a known bug. The controller may have accidentally hit the ‘please follow instructions’ button when it was busy.

For future reference, write down the controller’s name (a screenshot with ATC message log is even better) so you can contact them directly and ask what they wanted. Even if you are ghosted and not sure why, try to contact the controller and/or ATC moderator and your ghost has a chance of being reversed.

4 Likes

Ok thanks where do I find the controller I’d and how do you take a screenshot

1 Like