I think I just broke the IF speed record?!

Yeah, I flew the cub up to 200,000 feet the other day? Why must IF use such wayward physics?

3 Likes

Always entertains me seeing people fly GA aircraft up to insane altitudes.

4 Likes

Hold on while I go try it IRL

5 Likes

What the absolute heck…

2 Likes

Sorry to disappoint yall, but the real speed record has been set by a chicken yesterday!

this is a development build, obviously dosent quiet count ;)

6 Likes

I got 14,000 in the Cub. The entire ordeal took me from southern Ecuador until losing all control and smashing into Hainan Island after just over two hours.

5 Likes

My best try was 18.000 kts. with the cirrus.

2 Likes

I have a question, what was your rate of climb?

2 Likes

I held ~ 160 kts IAS all the way up, VS varied from about 3,000, up to 5,000 then back to about 2,500 fpm after 80,000 feet.

Just out of curiosity, is this just the result of an ‘artifact’ in the flight modelling process, or is it a ‘tool’ for the devs to use etc?

For me, it doesn’t work in solo mode. Only on Expert server, haven’t tried Casual or Training yet which might be the better options to avoid violations, as over about 2,000 knots some odd effects can creep in, like ‘inverted fuel consumption’ as somebody already mentioned, as well as abrupt IAS changes of about 30 knots, which is why I kept it to 160 kts so as not to bump up past Vne (200 in the Cirrus)!

2 Likes

I made Mach 20 in an XCub once ;)

Good job though! What aircraft were you flying?

2 Likes

Very nice record

Cirrus! And nice one, I just made Mach 10 but ran out of (real life) time so had to close down!

P.s. started in the Midlands, UK, and ended up in the Arctic Circle after 36 mins… In an SR22! Found out you can do it in Casual server which is better - no violations and to be honest, it’s nice how realistic Expert server is without tainting it with light aircraft going Mach 20 🤣

3 Likes

I’d love to see a vid of how fast it goes

It was you, I saw you on my livestream:

5 Likes

Haha nice, just seen this. That wasn’t long before I lost control…

1 Like

O got to a couple million kts in the f22 using the ground space bug

I’m pretty sure I’ve broken the record in the F-22

5 Likes

Almost 300 BILLION knots…