I passed the IFATC written test!

Hello!
I got a passing score of 88% on my written test!
2/3 steps done on becoming a IFATC!

see you in the sky!

16 Likes

Congratulations!!!🥳🎉

Can’t wait for you to be controlling!!!

1 Like

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see ya controlling!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congrats.

5 Likes

Congratulations, that a huge accomplishment! 🥳😁
Hope to see you in the control tower soon!

1 Like

Nice work mate! Hope to see you apart of the IFATC team shortly.

1 Like

Congrats! Hope to see you in the Slack soon!

1 Like

Nice work. Can’t wait to see you join the team!

1 Like

Great job! This is a huge milestone that you have reached during your journey to officially become an IFATC controller. Now, even though you have passed the written, you have one more big challenge to overcome before making it into IFATC. The famous IFATC practical. The practical- which has similar ideaology to the written- is very different than the written test. It really tests your ability to handle stress, the knowledge of the UI, and the ability to apply the concepts learned/tested in the written to controlling on an actual frequency. With this, I leave a few tips below!

1. Do not stress out! Naturally you will be nervous about the test and that is perfectly fine. However, do NOT let this fear/nervousness affect your controlling. During my time as a trainer and supervisor, I saw this a lot and encourage you to try and take some dep breaths, and stick to your fundamentals to try and push away that feeling of fear.
  2. Print out a picture of the traffic pattern and study it thouroughly. The more you have that memorized, the more likely you are to pass as giving pattern entries and sequences with specific pattern legs is a huge part to passing the practical.
  3. Study the airport you are given. Take a look at the runway layout, the airport elevation, and make note of things that you think may benefit you.
  4. Utilize training services. I wish I had done this before I took my first practical. Training really helps and sometimes can save you from having to take the practical multiple times compared to once. But, this leads me into my next point:
  5. It is ok to fail! I failed twice before passing. Failing does not mean you are a bad controller! What it means is that there is something you may have misunderstood, haven’t completely grasped, or something that you just need to tweak so that things work out.

I wish you the best of luck with making it into IFATC. Congrats on your new milestone! Now comes the final test. Cheers!

19 Likes

1 Like

Congratulations! Can’t wait for you to control!

Also well done for putting in a lot of effort to get to where you are!

1 Like

Solid Score! Best of luck as you complete your final steps to get onto the team! Hoping to see you soon :)

2 Likes

Well done. That’s a part of the process that catches many off-guard, and I’ll even admit it, I struggled as well, but as long as you’ve gotten that far, and continue to work hard, you can guarantee that with hard work and perseverance, you are bound for success! Feel free to tag me in any tracking thread sessions you do, and I hope to see you controlling the skies of expert server soon. :)

2 Likes

Well done! Good luck and hope to see you controlling the Expert Server shortly!

2 Likes

Good luck on your reality test! I have tried to do the test but it seems I cannot grasp it and I fell I may fail again. Best of wishes!

2 Likes

OMG congrats @FLIGHT2 the written is a very difficult test. Well done

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.