I need some more help plss!

Ok, so I am new to infinite flight and I’ve asked some questions before. And the community has been super helpful:)
But I also have a few more questions:

1. The ATC told me to decend and maintain 5000ft but the thing is How fast am I supposed to decend to the altitude ?
  2. Why is there no request decent option for me while approach to the airport ?
  3. Also this one is not so big but what should be my cruising altitude?

I would really love if this helpful community could help again, I would appreciate it :) Thankss!

2 Likes
  1. “The ATC told me to decend and maintain 5000ft but the thing is How fast am I supposed to decend to the altitude ?” (I would recommend setting your speed to 230-190 depending on aircraft and use a VS of about 1200-1600)

2. “Why is there no request decent option for me while approach to the airport ?” (This has been a request but I don’t think the IF team has the feature ready yet)

3. “Also this one is not so big but what should be my cruising altitude?”(This can be based on plenty of factors like weight, speed, etc, but generally when you are course heading 1-180° you should be cruising at an odd FL (EX:FL31, 33, 35, 37) and when you are flying course heading 181-360° you should be flying at an even FL (EX:FL30, 32, 34, 36, 38) hope this makes sense. If not, don’t fret to ask!)

2 Likes

For 2., I believe there is a button called “request altitude change” that you can use to request a different altitude

3 Likes

oops my apologies

2 Likes

Hey, Thank You so much for the help :)!! I really needed that!
Also one more thing for the second one I was actually in London Hearthrow approach frequency, But there was one plane that asked for decent, this is how it went: “Emirates 92, Request Decent via STAR” but I did not have the option then how did he do it?

1 Like

Usually if you have a flight plan set up in the IF FMC then an option should come up

I actually did though, I even had altitudes set in the Flight Plan

Hmmm…idk then you might have to talk to if support

1 Like

Did you have a STAR procedure in your flight plan (it would have a green bracket around it)?

The article linked contains a video on how to properly add a STAR to your flight plan.

Once you have this there should be an option in the ATC Menu to “Request Descent via “Star Name”” (e.g. “Request Descent via LAM1A”).

1 Like

Oh Ok Thanks for that!! I’ll surely check it out

No problem! Feel free to ask if you have any other questions ;)

1 Like

Oh wait I got it, I just added the way points myself, Thanks! Also am I not supposed to ask for decent then if I have my own waypoints?

Its not necessary but if its busy its not a bad idea to request an altitude change. They may end up just giving you “Altitude at your discretion” - by which you can start descending yourself until you request your approach.

But its also possible they may ask for an approach request straight away, especially if its busy, so they can start coordinating you with the other arrivals.

1 Like

Oh, Thanks Mate! :D I really love this community and appreciate you all! @BennyBoy_Alpha @AviationSauce and @kormexo for your help! :)

The Mod can close this topic 👍🏼😀😊

2 Likes

You’re welcome - if you have any other questions feel free to send me a message - my inbox is always open :)

Have a great rest of your day!

1 Like