I need ideas of airports to fly to

I want to fly to an airport in Europe that isn’t really known and that isn’t a too big hub (Hannover for example). Any ideas?

5 Likes

Courchevel 😉

1 Like

I need to be able to fly airliners to that airport.

2 Likes

Try a Greek or Croatian airport maybe…

2 Likes

You should try Queenstown. It’s a beautiful and tricky approach.

Here’s a video from youtube of the approach on x-plane.

2 Likes

That’s known already. I want to fly to a non popular airport. It doesn’t have to have challenging approaches or anything. I just want something new.

1 Like

Can‘t believe you mentioned Hannover here! That’s a great airport very close to my heart! Other cool places are Malta (LMML) basically all of Croatia, Spain and Portugal (Faro, Valencia and Malaga are fantastic as are Bilbao and the Canary + Balearic Islands!). Other great areas are Athens and Iraklio (LGIR) and Napoli and Lamezia Terme. All extraordinary beautiful!

4 Likes

Nice, but I want something like in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, or France.

2 Likes

Well, then Geneva and Hamburg, Hannover obviously and Stuttgart would definitely be on my list. I also believe that Graz is a beautiful airport, but haven’t managed to fly there yet.

In France Marseille is amazing and not so well known as are Biarritz and Bordeaux!

4 Likes

flightradar airport search is your friend here

2 Likes

There’s a nice route Aer lingus do on their A320 from London Gatwick to Knock/Ireland west airport (EGKK-EIKN)
EIKN has a little bit of a short runway but it is quite easy to land on:)

1 Like

PDX-ANC beautiful route

You should do the milk run that Widerøe does. Really nice scenery!

Try EGGD. Great for TUI flights including the Dreamliner, TC if you still want to use that livery, easyJet and Ryanair.

You could fly to both airports in Milan, Italy:

MXP and LIN

What is the milk run?

Basically a flight with many stops which delivers cargo and supplies to (mostly) rural towns.

1 Like

I’ve found this little cute airport you may enjoy.

3 Likes

Honestly I recommend UIO or Quito. Super cool place, unique approach.
As for Europe, I would recommend Madeira and Spain and that area.

1 Like

Just search up what is a milk run in aviation.