I’m starting glider lessons!

☝️ Today’s and my dad discovered a glider club in Bertram, TX. It’s about 30 min away. We emailed the peeps and we are going to meet them and maybe even do a little discovery flight this Saturday!! I’m really excited because I will he doing this in addition to my normal flight lessons. You can check out my most recent one here:

I am very excited because I heard that if you do this you can get your PPL earlier! Are any of you glide pilots? And what do you think about this? I’m so excited!!

17 Likes

That’s really cool! I don’t have any places around me that are like that. I’m jealous

4 Likes

Good luck!

2 Likes

Same here, ;)

2 Likes

My cousin lives in Brenham dont crash Into his house:)

But on a serious note have fun:))

4 Likes

@tomthetank Watch out! You’re about to have another glider pilot in the skies!

14 Likes

That’s awesome have fun!

2 Likes

Also maybe I’ll see you in the skies on Saturday on my flight from AUS to STL 😉

2 Likes

Thank you all so much! Lol thanks @DeerCrusher. Coming for you @tomthetank 😈👊🏾 jk lol

4 Likes

Awesome buddy 🥳👍🏽

1 Like

Well done! I take flying lessons in a PA28, I hope this brings as much joy as it does to me.

1 Like

Who says no to this?

Enjoy your first lesson. I’m sure you’ll notice that it’s the best hobby in the world pretty fast. :)

5 Likes

Okay thanks very much! Super excited!’

1 Like

Glider Pilots are often the best pilots in the world…

Good way to start, whether you stick to Gliding or move onto Powered Aircraft.

2 Likes

@MaksimFerguson Thanks! I’m doing both atm. That’s the plan. I start this Saturday and I can’t wait!

1 Like

The more glider pilots the better! Have fun and let me know if I can answer any questions :)

6 Likes

Update: My dad got me a go pro because he can’t be there in the cockpit- I believe it will just be me and the instructor. @tomthetank I have a question- do you think on the first lesson I’d be up front or I’d be riding along in the back? I know you may not know because it could depend on the flight school or whatever, but what do you think?

Does anyone else know the answer to that question 👆👆

I’d be surprised if you weren’t in the front for a lesson. Once you solo that’s where you’ll be seated, so you’ll do training there too.

If you go up for a discovery flight you might end up in the back, but not for a lesson.

1 Like

Okay thanks!