I’m finally on Grade 2

I’ve finally gone from grade 1 to grade 2! I didn’t have enough landings of 25 so I kinda spammed landings, go around at an airport after takeoff then land. But I finally got to grade 2! Is there anything important to take note of?

Thanks!

11 Likes

Grade 2! Congratulations. Your next step is Grade 3. With Grade 2 though, you now have access to the Training Server, and that means you can fly at ATC staffed airports, and I’m sure that must be something new to you. As such, for a comprehensive guide on how to communicate with ATC, check out the Infinite Flight User Guide here! :)

7 Likes

Thanks so much! Will check it soon! I’m so excited to fly in a more “professional” server!

2 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t consider the training server a “professional” server - we still see a bunch of people who can’t fly, or control, or people who just troll there and ruin the experience for everyone. Expert is where the professionalism is! :)

7 Likes

Lol I’m working my way there :) just need 100 landings, that is a bit tough

1 Like

Congrats on Grade 2! It is a huge accomplishment! I remember when I reached Grade 2 and was so excited to fly on Expert Server and the life beyond that! Nicholas’s comments above give you really great insight on what is to come!

To help with your landings, hop into an XCub somewhere like KORD that has a lot of runways and do some really tight patterns! You’ll get there fast! I’ll see you on the ES ;)

2 Likes

Haha yeah! I’ll try that :) I hope I can get to expert server faster! I got the other half green, just flight hours and landings are needed. I hope I can fly with you guys :)

1 Like

My PM’s are always open if you want to fly or if you have a question! Good luck mate!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll reach out to you if needed!

1 Like

I still see clueless pilots on the Expert Server 😂 That’s why it is recommended to read through the user guide before flying. Luckily, we have IFATC Members who are trained to enforce that.

Congrats on your Grade 2 promotion! I hope to see you in the ES skies soon!

4 Likes

Lol ok! Yeah I hope I can fly in expert server skies soon :)

1 Like

Congrats!
Next Goal: Try to make it on expert

1 Like

Will do! I will fly more whenever I can :)

1 Like

Congratulations.

Tip,
Don’t go to LA unless you want to be trolled.

1 Like

Damn I remember when I hit grade 2 in 2016 boy was I one happy man 😔

1 Like

Oh ok! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Yeah it is a huge achievement for me in IF journey, climbing up to Expert now!

1 Like

Grade 2, good man 😃

About this:

That’s a great way to get your landing-counter up. Many pilots do this; Grade 4 and 5s need a lot of continued landings to maintain their Grade, and this is a way to do it.

For your info, what you described above we call remaining in the pattern. It means you are not departing the airport’s airspace, but you remaining in the airport’s pattern (the virtual area around the airport), to go around the airport, and come back to the airport, and do touch-and-goes, or land again.
Altitude normally used for aircrafts remaining in the pattern, vary from 600 feet (small general aviation aircrafts), to 1500 feet (airliners).

pattern

So when you announce or request takeoff, and you want to depart Tower’s airspace, then you don’t request to ‘remain in the pattern’, but you include your departure direction in the takeoff request.

A bit of free learning on a Saturday never hurt anyone 😉
Have fun on Training Server. And don’t forget: the ATC there, as well as you, are still learning. Give each other a break!

3 Likes

My advice is to do enough practice on the training server and come to the expert server. If you don’t practice and come to an expert, you may be reported.

1 Like

Oh cool! Thanks! I’ll try it next time :)

1 Like