I love you training server

This is not a complaint , all I am saying is that I love the training server. Today I was just flying
KLAX-KPSP in a united 787-900 and I was given clearance to enter runway 24L. I enter the enter Runway and all I hear is " United 105 hold position " . I was surprised that the controller said this and I was thinking why would I hold position on a busy runway. I look a head of me and I see this

Some pilot was away from his device and literally left his plane in the middle of the runway. I was laughing in my opinion it was hilarious . Who in the aviation world has the guts to do that. Now I could of easily just taken off and pass his plane but I am all about the rules so that was not happening. I was delayed there for about 6 or 7 minutes waiting and hoping he would come back to his device. He eventually came back and I was so excited the passengers on my plane stopped complaining and we were able to lift this baby off the ground and head to KPSP. I know this would never happen in Expert because that pilot would of been banned, reported, demoted everything you could think of. He was luck I was in a good mood today it was a nice delay at KLAX today I’m glad this happened on training server it’s always nice to be delayed .

Thanks you training server and thank you to the amazing air traffic controller at KLAX who was very experienced and was doing a great job with all that traffic.

From
United 105 A.K.A Gman :)

2 Likes

Good guy ATC

1 Like

I had an incident yesterday at KSAN where ground approved my taxi. I was along main taxiway about halfway down the runway taxiing minding my own business I think a 777 landed on the wrong runway and then preceded to taxi against me. Naturally I stopped and waited for instructions from ground but he just taxied straight through me. Fair enough it’s the training server but there is also a casual server for folk who want to break rules. I’ve had violations but they’ve been accidental going over 250knots because I forget to slow down below 10,000 is probably my main one.

1 Like

Id have just flown through him.

1 Like

That kind of attitude is what makes the training server have its horrible reputation. I’m sorry to hear that

5 Likes

TS1 is 100% mayhem, that’s why I choose TS2!

1 Like

Yeah I know I just found it funny how he just left his plane on the runway and just left

1 Like

No not you lol I’m talking to @zbelle you are fine, I completely agree with your date,met lol. Just zbelle said he would have taken off no matter what

Your answer and thread was brilliant 😂😂😂

2 Likes

Thanks much appreciated

Oh wow well I thank you. You did a great job out there especially with heavy traffic not something you expect from an air traffic controller on the training server nice work I had a great departure thanks for cooperating with me :)

Lol, sarcasm truly is a lost art, isn’t it.

1 Like

@zbelle It’s also notoriously impossible to detect when reading a typed message. You and I have had this same interaction previously.

1 Like

If you could not tell the joking nature in what @zbelle and actually took what he said seriously I’m just shocked

2 Likes

Shocked you may be…I’m just astounded he would even joke about it

1 Like

I’m just shocked that your surprised that someone made a joke 🤔 Anyways back on topic good to see positive reinforcement for training server

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.