I have been ghost at KLAS

Hello!This afternoon(UTC+8)i’m waiting fro take off at KLAS 08L.i am no.1.But Air China 122 took off halfway down the runway.So i have to hold short at Runway 08L.After he toot off i sent the application again.And then i’ve been ghost.My Callsign:JW Heavy****Time:08:18ZI think you can cancel my report.Thank you!@Tim B

2 Likes

@Tim_B, is the controller there, contact him via a PM to discuss further :)

1 Like

Wow, this is like the 4th ghosting report appeal I’ve seen in the last hour from Tim…

5 Likes

That doesn’t mean anything, Tim is a great controller, sometimes people just want deep explanations on why they were ghosted, and sometimes they act like “they were ghosted for nothing”.

Now lets leave the discussion to the controller and the pilot

2 Likes

You obviously haven’t seen those threads then. “Spamming” frequency is as it says - spamming, in other threads it’s been the same thing, people re-requesting things after something blocks them the first time they try. The usual response to this is “you were already instructed to (x)”. I see too many times controllers jumping to conclusions and literally banning people from playing the game, effectively. It turns people off the game and is a problem. Nothing against Tim though I don’t doubt he’s a good controller.

3 Likes

There’s no point in requesting something again just because you thought you were forgotten, i did this once and I deserved a ghost, it just clutters up the frequency especially when it’s busy, i just took a look at another topic, the person tuned out of approach, entered ATIS and then tuned back and then requested vectors again, i mean come on, thats an obvious ghost reason, now in this case, the pilot asks to takeoff twice, after he got the first clearance he should have checked for traffic, entered the runway and then took off, in that case, if he was ghosted for taking off with a plane on the runway, it would be the controllers fault, not the pilots. IFATC doesn’t just ghost for no reason, everything has a reason, and I’m sure Tim has a good one.

Now let’s let them resolve in the PM :)

1 Like

Ya,You may never see that again 😂😂

1 Like

I agree, but these reasons are too harsh. Remember, a ghosting is the most extreme form of punishment a controller can give, and as we know a controller will give you plenty of warning. I think in both cases it was a little harsh to just hand these ghostings out, and I think it becomes a problem when we get 3-4 appeals in the same hour, from the same controller.

Cheers:)

1 Like

Tim is one of the most experienced controllers within IFATC. He will only ghost if entirely justified. Leave him to talk and explain the ghost through with the pilot privately.

3 Likes

I agree with you

Sometimes people may not get clearance because they network issues, there not point about right or be doing wrong,I’m not saying the ATC is bad guy for ghosted someone, sometimes maybe just too strict.

There not point about wrong and right, pilot maybe didn’t got clearance?And request again,ATC give ghosted.

I agree mate:) but of course they get it right sometimes. I think in this case you’ll have it reversed. That’s just my thoughts. Good luck❤️

1 Like

ya Good luck you:)

1 Like

IFATC dosent ghost you for punishment

Ghostings are for pilots to learn from their mistake, and if they are learning they do it on training server.

of course it may look like punishment, but it is not meant as punishment

2 Likes