I have a quick question

Let’s say Ground is inactive and I start pushback. Then moments later while I am well into my pushback, Ground comes online. Do I have to request pushback or not?

Thank you and happy flying!

1 Like

If you have already started your pushback and are far into it you are fine. If you’ve barely started it’s a judgement decision, but I would play it safe. Just make sure to request taxi on ground :)

3 Likes

If you have barely pushed back I would recommend stopping. If your well in you could keep going, controllers would be pretty lenient about it.

If it is announced that a controller change is in progress could you help out the new controller and wait until he comes online? That would help make a smoother transition. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thankyou for your reply and your help! I just received a level 2 violation because I was into my pushback (A decent amount), and ground came online and he/she gave me a level 2 violation wich is quite fusterating.

4 Likes

Who is/was your controller? We can find the controller on the IFC and you can take it to a PM to discuss.

1 Like

Especialley since whenever I was into my pushback and ground came online, I never had any problems.

IFATC - Faze I think.

That was not a liable reason to give a level 2 imo. Please contact whoever was controlling, you shouldn’t have a blemish on your record for that.

1 Like

Please contact @Raze. I don’t believe we have a Faze in IFATC. If we did, he/she hasn’t controlled to my knowledge.

2 Likes

The general rule of thumb I use is if you aren’t on the taxiway yet, then I would stop. I’m not sure exactly where you were, so I’m not sure if it was justified or not.

1 Like

Thunderbolt has the right guy.

2 Likes

Yea I meant Raze 😅

1 Like

Just to let everyone know, I was at this area:

Oof yeah I would PM @appeals along with @Raze to try and get it appealed.

Controllers are humans and sometimes make mistakes :)

3 Likes

We found the controller, he’s been notified, and this can go to a PM for further discussion. If needed, mods can help out there :)

2 Likes

Okay thanyou!

Should I go make a pm with the controller?

You sure can! I’m sure the controller will get back to you as soon as he can.

In fact, he closed 10 minutes ago, so he should be freed up.

2 Likes

I notified him so he will probably be reaching out, if not you can go right ahead.

1 Like

I am in contact with the controller and we will discuss the violation. Thank you all for helping me out!

2 Likes