I have a question.

So I went on a 757 yesterday and it was mco-ewr it was awesome 757 has a strong engine but when I was taking off I was 1500 of the ground I think and it felt like the plane drop it felt like lose of air pressure I felt really scary as it lasted for the long 2 seconds so does anyone knows what that is?

2 Likes

This is entirely normal. Let me pull up a YouTube video on this for you to watch. :)

1 Like

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Here you go

The info you want to know is a few minutes into the video.

9 Likes

Thank you that was my only fear of planes

3 Likes

The video above is good so make sure you watch the full thing to get a good understanding of it.

2 Likes

Wow it was great thank you @Dylan_M for this very helpful and it really does make sense so thank you very much.

2 Likes

Look up Mentor Pilot on YouTube although he isn’t a 757 pilot he’s a 737 captain. He explains everything you need to know.

Hope that helps

3 Likes

I always thought that sinking feeling was the flaps being put back up

2 Likes

It’s just that the plane needs to slow down it’s rate of climb to gain speed and after that it can retract the flaps. The sinking feeling is just that the plane slows down its climb for a bit.

1 Like

My original thought was that it was the thrust being set to climb power. Climb power is less powerful than initial takeoff thrust.

1 Like

Your pilots probably we reducing the thrust from takeoff to climb thrust and/or retracting the flaps. The mighty 757 is a fun plane to fly in!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.