I found a way to have spoilers deployed on the ground after landing

Greetings!

After the new auto breaks update, it is said that the spoilers can only be deployed with reverse thrust. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this is very very annoying. I do agree it should be optional, however I’ve found a way to overcome this annoyance.

As of the time of this post, i’ve only tested it on the A318 and B787-8, both times have worked.

Here are a few image examples of what I mean exactly:

As you can see in the images above, I have vacated the runway under 35kts, reset the throttles from reverse thrust to 0% and the spoilers stay deployed.

How to do it:
Essentially, before landing set auto breaks to either low or medium, obviously not max. Continue with your approach and once you’ve landed do not pull the reverse thrust lever all the way down to the max, put it between the 25% and 75% mark until you reach about 50kts. At this point, you basically want to slowly slide up on the thrust back to zero, don’t become too slow where it automatically put it back to 0%. This part has to be done by yourself, slowly. And there you have it, spoilers remained deployed during the vacate phase of landing.

Now i’m not sure if this has been found before, I don’t know if this is meant to be in the sim or a glitch. Hopefully there’s no topic about this for I haven’t seen anything about it and don’t want to feel like an idiot 😅

Anyways thanks for reading!
Happy landings!
-Hani

1 Like

Sorry am I missing something, why is this in #features, there is no feature being requested here… This belongs more in #general .

This is not the correct category for this. Also, I have heard this thing from @schyllberg before.This works for me all the time.

1 Like

You mean 40kts?
I always restore reverse thrust lever to 0% when ground speed is below 70kts

Kiddos for sharing some useful info here!

3 Likes

Typo, let me fix it.

I don’t know man, sometimes when landing in a real plane, when sitting next to the window I see the reversers still out on the taxiway.

I think you’ve just discovered the correct way to use spoilers after the 22.4 fix😂

TL,DR: This is the key part

1 Like

@FlightGT
Rip, maybe this was a useless post. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Sorry bro…

1 Like

Thanks man 😊

1 Like