I flew my first long haul flight!

For 10 hours and 38 minutes i flew from Sydney, Australia to Seoul, South Korea in a Korean Air Boeing 747-8. I toke off from Sydney intl. to Incheon intl. On final I was in a crosswind and my plane nearly almost went off the runway. Fortunately i was able to counter steer the wind! It was my second record length of flight that defeated the length of my 5:23 min flight from KLAX to PHOG.

19 Likes

At the end of the flight I went over the coast of China, then my 747 ferried across China to the Korean Peninsula.

2 Likes

My route wrapped around the eastern coast of Australia to all the way up to Papua New Guinea, next, it traveled north to Malaysia.

2 Likes

Congratulations! How do you feel? And what routes are you willing to try for long hauls?

2 Likes

It is truly rewarding doing a long haul flight.

Especially when the developers do things like the Infinite Flight Debrief!

It will show you a cool summary, including your long-haul flights ala Spotify, etc…

3 Likes

I was very satisfied and proud of myself for doing this.

3 Likes

Wow, great job! That must feel great. Hope to see fly more long hauls :)

3 Likes

I was thinking my next virtual vacation on IF would be SWISS 777-300ER from John F. Kennedy to Zurich.

1 Like

That is a brilliant route! Zurich is a pleasure to fly into. Be aware of the mountains, though!

1 Like

I understand, i’d have to fly and maneuver carefully in such a large and powerful plane.

1 Like

Usually, I would fly in a C172 or SR22 and commute to airports close by to one another.

Congrats! Here’s to many more!

18 Likes

Congratulations!
Here’s my record :)

I once also flew a A321 for 12.5hrs from Hong Kong to Amsterdam Schiphol ;) making long haul flights in IF is reli entertaining <3

2 Likes

I believe that.

I didn’t know that an a321 can go that far! You must have put lots of fuel in it.

1 Like

Congrats on the long haul! Remember this because I guarantee there will be more long hauls to come!

1 Like

Next flight i might try out the A350 or the 777-300er

Thats a cool route! I might give it a try when the new 747 textures and wing flex releases.

1 Like

Looks nice!!

1 Like

How can you get it?

1 Like