I controlled at KLAX

I controlled at KLAX to test my skills on ATC some people didn’t follow directions and I did make little mistakes but I will be opening tomorrow on my ATC Tracking Thread just thought I make this topic to let you know on my IFATC journey thanks to everyone for helping me.

5 Likes

Just some advice for you to take along with you:

Do not open KLAX or any of the other large airports (KJFK, EGLL, KSFO, OMDB, etc…) because there will be lots of people just ignoring instructions.

I would control at some of the smaller less busy big airports.

Good luck on your IFATC Quest!

6 Likes

Try and avoid KLAX and EGLL. Open at a less crowded airport

1 Like

It wasn’t to much planes problally because it’s 1:21 AM.

1 Like

Haha. Yeah don’t control in the middle of the night - you need to be able to concentrate - especially when you eventually become an IFATC controller.

Get some 💤💤💤 when you should be.

1 Like

How do you get somewhere we’re it’s sorta busy but no trolls to practice for IFATC?

2 Likes

Somewhere like Machester, Munich, Lisbon, etc… would be good.

1 Like

Well the only airports with more that one plane every 2 hours in triangle server is KLAX or EGLL but it’s also full with trolls

2 Likes

That’s why you should open an ATC Tracking Thread - then you can announce when and where you will be controlling and you hopefully should get at least one person.

1 Like

But I am really bad at formatting things the that

1 Like

I have not been able to open lately due to busyness.

1 Like

From my experience Manchester is the best airport for tracking threads out there. Personally spent half of mine there. You get some inner-UK traffic, especially from Heathrow, but I’ve only encountered 2-3 trolls during all of my sessions there. Another good one is Frankfurt, although traffic there can be nonexistent sometimes

4 Likes

All these negative "don’t open that"comments… @PilotA320 good on you for wanting a bit of fun and going for somewhere daring when you feel like it. This isn’t a tracking thread and people can open KLAX if they want!

1 Like

I will suggest you to open WSSS, OMDB (If you want to test your skills). The players are more respectful i guess

No to open USA(CA), USA(NY), London Heathrow and Manchester, UK

1 Like

Yeah you have a good point thanks.

Actually I am very enjoy the time when I’m controlling EGLL and KLAX in Training Server before I join IFATC. Even though lots of them ignored instructions, but the traffic is very busy, so I enjoy the process. However, there’s still lots of players are following instructions in Training Server. Cheers

2 Likes

@PilotA320 I see that you are controlling in LAX. Embarrasing the conduct of the pilots (I was approach)

1 Like

I know it’s stressful especially when they ask for the same thing over and over can’t wait till I be IFATC.

1 Like

They are not even contacting you they kept asking me for patterns over and over.

ahh, that happens I’m usually an aircraft :)

1 Like