I come here to express an opinion, something I always wanted to ask

Mau, thanks to opination my friend!

2 Likes

I repeat: The point is not to want to fly, but to give priority to what is new

It seems that people are missing the point, its not about flying them or not, but when Infinite Flight prioritizes liveries currently not in service instead of liveries that are, its a substantial issue. One of the main aircraft we see this in is the A350, where we have the United Livery (Due 2027), Afriqiya Livery (Likely to be cancelled), Aeroflot (Incorrect Color scheme), Aer Lingus (Transfered to Iberia), Emirates (Future delivery), KLM (Cancelled), instead of liveries from regions already lacking representation in the game already, for example, China is a big one. That region is already underserved and they couldn’t add Hainan, China Southern, Sichuan Airlines, or Air China? What about the starved Pacific regions? No Fiji airways? Its kind of crazy, and they mentioned they had a system where they could add liveries to the game without app updates, so are they going to use it at all to update or renovate mistakes or issues? They seemed to be able to do it with the Singapore A350, so what’s the excuse?

As last time, I expect this post to get shut down by moderators without providing any sort of remedy and response as well as certain members of the community rushing to defend their favorite game instead of seeing the bigger picture. So be it I guess but that will just go to prove a point of how the forum reacts to alternate opinions.

33 Likes

I agree on this - I haven’t seen this system used at all yet.

2 Likes

Liveries take time to make and test out. With an update around the corner I’m sure they are most likely saving new liveries (if any not yet confirmed) for the 20.1 update to bring more to the addition list thus why we haven’t seen this in game addition but it has been used before. On the older livery side I understand your perspective but with users around the globe at different ages infinite flight has to make their liveries diverse. Older liveries may be in place for those who want to pretend to be in the past or do memorial fights for example. We have many up to date liveries and liveries being updated constantly so that seems to be a priority as well but older liveries should keep being built on to expand the diversity and fleet. It’s not a topic of if they are prioritizing one section more than the other though and here’s why. They have to satisfy both wants and needs from different customer perspectives and wants since Infinite Flight is a community driven company.

4 Likes

There are many reasons why a livery is not in Infinite Flight, for example…

3 Likes

Yes that is the reason why the developers don’t add the ANA Star Wars liveries for example.

But it is possible that some airlines have banned having their liveries included in a flight simulator.

2 Likes

You pretty much contradicted your whole post with that sentence in parenthesis lol. I think ppl just fly what they want and go in with their day. Infinite Flight is about pleasing all aviation lovers whether theyre retro or in the current.

1 Like

Just like how some don’t allow VAs to use their name.

2 Likes

Sure, I think we all already knew that, but is it too much to ask for a reason for the exclusion of certain liveries in game, they seemed to be able to quickly sort that out with the concord, how about providing a straight forward response for why a livery couldn’t be included. All it takes is a simple phrase. “Copyright issue, Technical limitations, etc”

Edit: Appreciate no one discussing the “concept” or “future” liveries. Gotta avoid that heat, how can you defend those. 🤫

8 Likes

It’s done as an an option to cater for everyone. Yes, they might not be hugely common to see because not everybody uses them. But if you don’t want to use them, don’t use them. Based on that though you could then also argue that they shouldn’t bother with GA aircraft as an overwhelming majority of IF users fly mainly airliners. Infinite Flight wants to cater for everyone’s tastes and needs. I personally love flying old liveries, just as much as the new shiny liveries. It’s all about being inclusive for everyone and having a variety of aircraft 😁

2 Likes

The older liveries and aircraft are what make infinite flight enjoyable. I would much rather fly an old livery like the VARIG 777 or get to fly the MD80 much more than the A350 or the A220, in any livery.

Point being, I’m extremely grateful for these liveries, and I know I’m not the only one.

Thank you devs for your hard work!

I’m going to take a dive into the deep end here. It’s pretty much the same as mentioned with the older liveries.

There are people out there who don’t care for realism as much as others (like me). We don’t care if the plane is not actually been delivered or not, or even it the liveries actually are going to exist, we just want to fly a good looking livery on routes we like.

Others can imagine themselves as a pilot in the future flying one of these planes.

There are probably many other scenarios, but there will always be people out there who use and care for these liveries that may not be realistic.

Just my opinion 🙃

2 Likes

I appreciate your point and well done for actually creating a lengthy and well structured reply. However, why is it that Infinite Flight should prioritise modern liveries? If you look at it from the perspective of people who fly old liveries, why shouldn’t they prioritise those over modern ones? It’s a tug of war between the two and I think the developers do an extremely good job at balancing it out.

And @Key I couldn’t agree more! It’s great fun!

3 Likes

The votes in #features speak. A feature request with a classic livery from the Americas or Europe will do way better in attracting views than a request from Africa, China(which is very surprising as I’d think it has many IF users) or even the Pacific.

Until this changes, then, we can’t expect the selection of liveries to change. Sad, but it’s life 😕

It’s still the same issue that results in airlines like AA and BA having their whole fleet(except the AA A319 and BA 788) in the sim, while other airlines like Oman and Kenyan only have 787s despite having other fleet types e.g the 737.

1 Like

It was either Marc or Seb who made a great post on this a little while back. What I can recall from said post is that the point of a flight simulator is to allow you to do thing you simply cannot do in real life. After all, we wouldn’t be here if we could fly a real A350 from anywhere in the word any time we please, would we? The addition of fictional liveries enables people who liked and continue to like that aircraft the possibility to fly it on historic routes. Besides, with such a beautiful livery like VARIG, who wouldn’t want to fly that beauty? 😍

2 Likes

Yes that’s true actually - you need to see where you’ve come from, to see where you are now and how far you’ve moved forward. In this case from the old airliners (DC-10s and so on) to the brand new modern A350.

1 Like

Everything @Aceorbit said is true.

It should be noted that US & some European airlines are clearly the main focus for the developers. Aside from the many missing Asian airlines you’ve mentioned, Central and South American ones receive very little love.

Examples:

• Aeromexico has been around since 1934, is one of the largest operators of B738 and E190, but as narrow body planes we only have the B737 they barely use anymore and the B752 which handles poorly (and has been retired for many years). They have two variants of the B787 but only one in the simulator (many other [mainly North American and European] airlines in IF have their livery on different variants of the same aircraft).
  • LATAM and Avianca have large & varied fleets but we only get a couple planes in IF. Avianca is the oldest airline in the Americas and the second oldest in the world, so not just some little random airline.
  • Interjet has existed for several years but has never been added to IF despite their operating just 1 aircraft type, which was recently reworked, the A320 family. (not including the Sukhoi Superjet bc it doesn’t exist in IF anyway)
  • I am sure my Brazilian friends have their grievances about Azul having such a small representation in IF

Moving away from Latin America: Alitalia changed their livery literally 4-5 years ago, but we still have only 2 planes in old livery on IF (forget the Embraers, A319s, A320s, A330s and B773). American, Alaska, United, Aer Lingus, on the other hand, all got their new liveries in the game within weeks or months. (Alitalia has operated the Airbus A320 family for as long as many IFC members have been alive; Alaska just started when they took over Virgin America). I could go on and on…

So I do understand the point of this post. Legacy/old liveries are cool, but I personally agree the priority should be on the what we see flying every day (not everyone cares about realism but so much time on this forum is spent talking about realism so…more realistic liveries would help).

6 Likes

I 100% agree with this. The devs should be prioritizing current flying liveries before any extinct airline (cough VARIG ). I was really hoping to see a Schischuan Airlines A350, or at least an Air China, and was definetly expecting them to add the SAA livery. Obviously, we got a United Airlines and Afriqiyah A350 (something I doubt the better part of the community has even HEARD OF!)

I was definitely disappointed at the livery choices that came with 19.4

On top of all this, there are airlines out here in the features category that have over a hundred votes. But instead, they go ahead and add airlines that barely even reach that benchmark (VARIG).

I think the devs should take a hard look at some of the things requested instead of adding random liveries that aren’t even in existence yet. I am still failing to see an Austrian Airlines long hauls aircraft (granted this is likely to come in this 20.1 update), but I am astonished it took so long in the first place.

In the end however, we can all agree that the devs have put in a lot of time and effort in these liveries. If you think about it, I would rather have a very detailed extinct airline livery than a sad-looking current one. Let’s all just wait an see what is coming with 20.1, as there sure will be a ton of airlines to choose from, both flying and extinct!

I don’t know, just pitching in my 2 cents! 🙂

5 Likes

I’m so confused you’re saying United Airlines isn’t heard of?

Wh-? Ho-? Huh?

1 Like

He said Afriqiyah is unheard of, not United…

4 Likes