I can't take it anymore!

the game just stops! and my phone restarts every time! I have an S10 + and it’s not going through a carefree flight! paying 10 € a month is over if it continues like this! nothing worse happened halfway through the flight the phone crashes!
my wifi is good and I even tried 4G +.
Thanks

2 Likes

This is a fairly known issue, that from what I’ve gathered, is from Android’s end with Android 10. It only applies to phones like the S10 and a couple others. Correcty me if I’m wrong, but IF isn’t really able to contain the issue.

2 Likes

Hi there, I am so sorry you think that!
Devs are working on a fix for the crashes especially on IOS. If you could give us a bit more of an in sight into your situation we might be able to help!
Happy Flying :D
Cign

3 Likes

The devs are aware of the situation and are working to resolve it as quick as possible

1 Like

It’s kind of more a Samsung problem. Someone on the IFC mentioned it being related to the Exynos S10 variant’s chipset having a graphics processor that runs into problems running IF when on Android 10. I’m assuming it can be fixed on the IF end of things, but not sure.

3 Likes

Well said there. Just to mention the above, it’s nothing to do with the memory leak you all are talking about, but rather Samsung phones not being able to cope with the Android 10 update. Here’s a note from @schyllberg:

3 Likes

I have an S10+ as well.
It has an Exynos CPU.

Since Android 10 I have some issues starting IF, but other than that, it runs without issues.

How long does it take before your phones restarts, @Nicolas_Rey?

2 Likes

Better change the title to something more specific to do with the actual issue. 😉

2 Likes

I have been trying this out on my dad’s Note 10 over the past few weeks and it seems to quit after around 3-4 hours.

1 Like

This seems similar:

As many have stated, the devs are looking into the issue. Another good thing to keep in mind is that Infinite Flight takes a lot of computing power, while playing I suggest closing all other apps, and keeping your device cool. Sometimes heat can be a factor. Ways to reduce heat would be to take your phone out of it’s case or lowering graphic settings and brightness while you aren’t attending to your flight.