I announced missed approach, but then...

Hello IFC,
Let’s just straight to these point, yesterday I was still around 5.500 feet when I reach the ILS cone (at WSSS), so I directly announce missed approach, but instead of getting direction on where to go, then ATC told me to check tutorial on the forum on using ATC instruction.

Did I do wrong with that? I then look back to these topics Executing missed approach understanding and Go around or Missed approach? and still feels like I was doing the right call.

Anyone would advise? Thanks

1 Like

if it was on expert. you should better have a word with controller himself on pm.

2 Likes

It seems like you did the right thing. If it was the training server nothing can be done. If it was expert, it is possible you received that message because you improperly flew the ILS intercept (i.e. not descending to the assigned intercept altitude given by the approach controller).

1 Like

This sounds like training server. ATC there seem to hate it when things don’t go exactly their way and like to take it out on the pilots, at least in my experience (which doesn’t even make sense as pilots rarely follow instructions). IFATC are supposed to cater to you, so if you go missed they should be there to bring you back around and not get mad at you for not being perfectly set

2 Likes

Sounds like this was on expert, as IFATC was controlling WSSS on the ES yesterday. Do you know who your controller was?

1 Like

I don’t think you can use the “Please Check Tutorial” command on training server, otherwise I would have broken it by now.

4 Likes

We’re missing a bunch of important information. How far out in nautical miles were you on base, who was the controller [as everyone said], what were you told to descend to in the clearance, what altitude were you at before being cleared, what frequency were you on (I’m assuming you were with Approach for some reason), ect?

6 Likes

You can I think lol. I’m pretty sure I’ve used it before

1 Like

Check your PMs.

2 Likes

No. You didnt do anything wrong. PM the controller if this was on expert.

Both the Please Follow Instructions and Check Tutorials commands have been removed from the Training Server. Back on topic now, please :)

3 Likes

@Kyle_Green Has the problem been addressed? Go ahead and let us know when this can be closed so a mod can do that :)

2 Likes

Sounds like it has lol

Haven’t heard back on the PM. This can be closed. Nothing more to be said.

1 Like