I am wondering if anybody knows if storms like hurricanes show up on IF live?

I am wondering if anybody knows if storms like hurricanes show up on IF live?

You will not physically see them as we don’t yet have clouds or storms in the Sim, but you will experience the same wind conditions as in the real storm. The next time there is a TS or Hurricane you should try it, very fun!

4 Likes

Awesome bc im over the pacific going east from Tawain right now into a super typhoon should be interesting :)

Should be very bumpy and turbulent, enjoy your flight!

1 Like

I know it’s not a hurricane, but this thread shows where some cyclones with conditions showing up in Infinite Flight are located:

1 Like

It makes landings very fun, it makes you see just how good real world pilots are when they can aircraft in during high winds.

High recommend the C130, it’s a beaut in stormy conditions.

1 Like

Sweet! Yea I am in a C130-J I didnt even see the Hurricane Hunter livery until it was to l8

im trying to coordinate the weather via earth nullschool so far im seeing 48 knot winds which is exact in RL how does IF do that? amazing!

Ha, IF does sometimes overdo itself. 666 knot winds were experienced by one person. I myself have flown in 145 knot headwinds over New Zealand - unrealistic, since I checked numerous weather software which said that 13 knot winds were present.

Good luck on Your flight! I am unable to land a Cessna Citation X in 48 knot crosswinds, recently a summer typhoon happened in Japan near ROTM.

1 Like

Oh, and more info on the typhoon. windy.com shows 69 knot wind, predicts that it will reach Taiwan mid-Tuesday and it will be gone early Wednesday.

windy uses GMT or Zulu. Don’t mix that up with British Summer Time (currently in UK)

Right now live satalite imagery is showing it at 147knots :) that is near the eye though.

1 Like

Screenshot_2018-07-09-02-48-08

First hurricane, woot woot! Also first time flying anything other then a 777 & CRJ lol almost crashed on takeoff

1 Like

Ouch! That’s a heavy headwind!

1 Like

It got up to 98 at one point but I think I missed the eye and ended up almost crashing (barly recovering) into the abyss after my phone started dying and I couldnt plug my joystick back in after charging up 😎😎😎 loved it! ❤ ❤ Infinite Flight woot woot!

1 Like

There’s a storm going on in the carribean, mainly in Puerto Rico. I would recommend trying that out.

I want to experience a 666 tailwind, and crosswind

Just fly around and maybe You’ll find stuff like this. Keep checking the METAR.

Also, people managing to find these can acconplish floating aircraft.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.