I am developing a route planner for IF

So i am developing a route planner and i´d like to know which routes you want.

Suggest me everything you´d like to see in a route planner

Thank you for your feedback

• most popular routes
  • Original IF regions routes
  • Every route (hard work)

0 voters

2 Likes

sounds like a great idea! can’t wait for it to be published!

1 Like

Even if you make this I’ll still be flying everywhere, good luck on this project

2 Likes

Would this be in web form, or app form? What language?

first Web then maybe app

1 Like

Okay, cool. So I resume HTML?

yes, you are right

1 Like

it´s just a web page where you can put your starting airport and your destination, and it will tell you the best route. Thanks

1 Like

This will be realesed for Global so every suggestion before may be added

1 Like

Looks like a cool project. Keep it up!

2 Likes

thanks @Aviationluver

1 Like

I don’t know what all your application would do but based on what I read here, a similar solution already exists with https://connect.liveflightapp.com/ - the remote control app allows you to automatically set flight plans using https://flightplandatabase.com/ - just in case you didn’t know :-)

I’ve used it a couple of times and it seemed to work okay.

1 Like

@MannyG i knew that already, and i´ve already talked about that with Cam.
I just doing this to improve my coding skills…and maybe someone likes it. Who knows??? I´ll try to improve my route planner thinking more in IF than other simulators, like this page does flightdatabase.com

Sincerely Lorenzo

Every route please :)

2 Likes

Oh yeah… please don’t take my comments in the wrong way - heck yeah you should develop something :-). I was just trying to let you know in case you were not aware. Maybe you should take a close look at it and try to come up with something that improves upon. I’ll tell you - it sucks to build a complete flight plan - at least I think it does. Having a simple and functional tool would be awesome.

What do you mean by simple tool?

I’d love to have something that I can select the from aiport X to airport Y - and it would simply present me with the best route or allow me to select from a handful of departures and approaches. It would also be awesome if it presented the altitudes for each way point - one click and it shows up in IF. Maybe something based on IFcharts - but something that could do what it is supposed to do with 2 or 3 clicks.

And that´s how it was always planned ;) I didn´t thought about the altitude for each waypoint. I always wanted it to be simple.
thank you for your feedback

1 Like

good luck with this, as well as the live flight app there are various other similar flight planning tools out there which are already available. SO you will need to develop something with a good USP in order to stand out and be different otherwise you could be just wasting your time with something that people don’t need or use. Always do your research first before you do a big project, for example ask what tools people use already use for flight planning and what they plan to use once global is released.

An example of a good simple to use flight planning tool is this one: http://onlineflightplanner.org/

happy landings

As I said to @MannyG I did my research and I am doing this to improve my coding…it’s just a challenge for me. But thank you for your advice

2 Likes