I am becoming a German ATC!

I just got my aeromedical license from the government, so now nothing stands in between me and starting my training! In total I successfully went through an online test, testing personal capabilities such as reaction time, etc., then a selection phase in Hamburg where I was tested intensively on all my capabilities such as multitasking, concentration, memory before coming back to Hamburg a couple of weeks later to go through another test phase. This time I was tested on group work and communication. After that, I passed an interview in English and finally the deciding interview where I was questioned by 2 ATCs and 2 psychologists.
After formally being selected, I then had to prove my “airworthiness” bypassing the Medical Class 3, which I just found out, I did.
Now, while I am still waiting for the contract from the German Air Space Security Agency, I already have my training place secured. I found out that I was one of the 5% that pass the selection process!
Depending on whether or not I will do dual studies, I should be a working ATC in roughly 2,5 - 4 years.

I wanted to thank the IF developers for really sparking my interest in aviation and especially ATC controlling via IFATC, especially @NJ24 and @Tyler_Shelton helped a lot to inspire me (some may know me as Maximilian1805)! Thanks guys!

90 Likes

Congratulations! Best of luck on this new challenge :)

2 Likes

Congrats! Good Luck and enjoy your journey!

1 Like

Congrats ! :) I wish you all the best for your future ! ;)

Congratulations bro!! Hope all goes well

Congrats! Keep us updated on your journey. I’m so happy for you! You’ve got a rewarding career ahead.

8 Likes

Congrats! You should go base at Munich and troll @Moritz by sending all the rare aircraft to the runway he’s not at :)

9 Likes

Thank you so much! I also hope to return to IFATC once my school is over!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I still can’t believe I made it…

1 Like

Thanks Tyler! I am so excited to be able to work my dream job! I will try to keep everybody updated!

1 Like

Congratulations to you!

1 Like

I will certainly try to get to Munich, be it the Center or Tower because I am also from there, but sadly Munich is one of the hardest to get to, because every applicant obviously prefers FRA or MUC. I will try my best to ruin Moritz’s spotting though 😅

Thank you 🙏

1 Like

Congrats @MxP! Wish the best for you, and I know that you will be successful! (NB: Thank you for your professional controlling in-game)!

1 Like

Thanks a lot mate! Can’t wait to start my training!

1 Like

Thanks for the wishes!

1 Like

Thank you so much! It’s highly appreciated! It’s important to say though, that I left IFATC a while ago because I don’t have too much time right now. I will try returning to controlling the IF skies soon though!

1 Like

Congratulations mate !! All the best for your future…👍🏻

Congrats @MxP . Actually Hamburg isn’t a bad place to start with. You can visit in Miniatur Wunderland anytime.

1 Like

Congratulations!
I plan to apply in a few months so you can certainly expect a message from me in the coming months;)

2 Likes