Hurricane Laura tracking thread

Pity the Super Decathlon’s no longer there. Would’ve loved to fly without engines/simulate a helicopter hover lol.
In all seriousness though. Stay safe, and hang in there, those in TX and LA

2 Likes

Hopefully this hurricane isn’t like Katrina. Katrina was a Cat 3 much like this one is supposed to be. Though, I believe it will strengthen to a 4.

Back to the point. Let’s just hope that this hurricane doesn’t hover over land like Katrina did as this one is also bringing tons of rain. I’m about to fly into it.

2 Likes

It’s officially a Cat 3, expected to strengthen to a Cat 4

2 Likes

Laura flying into Laura haha

8 Likes

Laura vs. Laura? The battle of the century

12 Likes

If anyone wants, I have an event tonight, where tons of people are flying into the hurricane. If you would like to join, sign up here
27AUG20 / 00:00Z - Into Hurricane Laura @KIAH

3 Likes

I’ll be there, I hope to not lose the connection 🙂

3 Likes

Cat 4 now.

1 Like

I flew into it today, and it was the funnest thing ever!! Winds were 84kts at only 8,000ft 😱 the plane couldn’t even keep a steady altitude and hearing due to the turbulence. It was very fun though

2 Likes

Flew for about 7 hours, will probably go back out later.

2 Likes

noice how was it?

Very interesting watching it develop live in-app, I’m going back out now.

1 Like

awesome have a good time!

Plane Spotting on ForeFlight

1 Like

Absolute savage

1 Like

What is the nearest airport to the hurricane. I mean an International or big airport btw

1 Like

@Aviation3 I would go to either New Orleans or Houston.

1 Like

https://apple.news/ApfbGxj4IQvu8g37SyMZNVw

Stay safe folks!

For those who don’t have an Apple device, the article basiclly says that Laura is nearly a Cat. 5 and has winds over 150mph.

Breaking News: NOW A CAT 5! Sustained Winds @ 184 Storm Surge @ 29ft

Stay safe everyone!

1 Like

Thats crazy. Ive been tracking the storm all day in IF and the winds are crazy… Callsign is TEAL3