Hurricane Laura tracking thread

me living in texas seeing this 👁👄👁

3 Likes

Laura… guess who’s gonna be doing some hurricane flying…

2 Likes

But in all seriousness, everyone in Texas and Louisiana, stay safe. I’m from Florida, I know the struggle

2 Likes

good we can fly in the hurricane

2 Likes

This is live!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I have an event on the ES at KIAH for the hurricane at 2020-08-27T00:00:00Z, if you would like to take a few loops around the inside of the hurricane, please come on down, make sure you sign up!
(27AUG20 / 00:00Z - Into Hurricane Laura @KIAH)*

3 Likes

I cant come, I will probably not have the time, sorry.

2 Likes

All good. Hope to see u at another one

2 Likes

If its 6pm youre time I will be in a Civil Air Patrol plane.

1 Like

Pity the Super Decathlon’s no longer there. Would’ve loved to fly without engines/simulate a helicopter hover lol.
In all seriousness though. Stay safe, and hang in there, those in TX and LA

2 Likes

Hopefully this hurricane isn’t like Katrina. Katrina was a Cat 3 much like this one is supposed to be. Though, I believe it will strengthen to a 4.

Back to the point. Let’s just hope that this hurricane doesn’t hover over land like Katrina did as this one is also bringing tons of rain. I’m about to fly into it.

2 Likes

It’s officially a Cat 3, expected to strengthen to a Cat 4

2 Likes

Laura flying into Laura haha

8 Likes

Laura vs. Laura? The battle of the century

12 Likes

If anyone wants, I have an event tonight, where tons of people are flying into the hurricane. If you would like to join, sign up here
27AUG20 / 00:00Z - Into Hurricane Laura @KIAH

3 Likes

I’ll be there, I hope to not lose the connection 🙂

3 Likes

Cat 4 now.

1 Like

I flew into it today, and it was the funnest thing ever!! Winds were 84kts at only 8,000ft 😱 the plane couldn’t even keep a steady altitude and hearing due to the turbulence. It was very fun though

2 Likes

Flew for about 7 hours, will probably go back out later.

2 Likes

noice how was it?