Hurricane Hunter Mission

Today I Conducted My First Hurricane Hunter Mission Which I Nickname: Operation Dorian. I Tried To Fly As Close As Possible To The Eye Of Hurricane Dorian And I Think I did Because I Measured Very Strong Winds While Conducting This Mission
I Flew About A Hundred Miles Off The Coast Of The Bahamas When I Measured Catagory 2 Force Winds Which Was 87 Knots Or 100mph Winds

Aircraft: F22
Flight Time: 1:21
Departure And Arrival Airport: KMIA

The Aircraft Behind Me Was A Hurricane Hunter C-130J

20 Likes

Nice photos! do you know who the other pilot was?

no, just wanted to conduct my mission with him when i saw him on my map

1 Like

Nice find, I love the integration of real-world weather into the simulator. Wouldn’t it be awesome to see the hurricane or at least some rain? An idea for the future perhaps.

4 Likes

Yea, that would of been so cool, and i hope being able to see the weather, clouds, etc. on the map is possible and added to the game soon.

1 Like

windy.com shows the winds of Dorian with a fantastic graphic. I’m heading in there right now on ES.

1 Like

Nice pic, planning on flying through Dorian tomorrow with @AarkonTV.

Stay Safe everyone!

1 Like

Nice, I’m going to probably fly through it shortly.

04%20PM Here’s the real deal

5 Likes

ive seen alot of people already fly out to the storm

NOAA updates says winds have potential to be a Cat 5 storm

2 Likes

They are climbing so I’m guessing they are headed back to base

1 Like

on liveflight, training server, there are 2 F22s, 5 C-130s and 3 other guys flying in the hurricane right now…

1 Like

Dorian is borderline Cat 5 already. It’s slowing down as far as it’s westward movement though. I measured approximately 118mph winds about a half hour ago on TS.

1 Like